Replay Mod Forums

Camera wont Tilt/Roll in 1.7.10
    • User
    • 3 forum posts
    User114339

Jul 05 19, 08:45 PM

So I was using the latest version of Replay Mod when I tried to roll the camera in 1.7.10, but it wouldn't work. I went back and tried all the previous versions, it still wouldnt work, then I removed all the mods except for Optifine and BetterFPS and it still wouldnt work. It only worked when I tried in 1.8 or above, but the replays I want to use are in 1.7.10. Any fixes?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 06 19, 12:29 AM

"I went back and tried all the previous versions"
    No, you didn't. There aren't even all versions listed on the download page. Please be specific which version you tried. In particular please try 2.1.4 and 2.2.0-b4.

"removed all the mods except for Optifine and BetterFPS and it still wouldnt work"
    Then remove OF and BetterFPS as well.
    With 1.7.10 being, you know, over 5 years old, I really don't have any interest in / time to waste on testing these things myself.

If you can reproduce the issue with the most recent RM and the latest recommended 1.7.10 Forge with no third-party mods, then I might have a look at it once I'm working on other issues.

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User114339

Jul 06 19, 02:50 AM | Last edited: Jul 06 19, 03:02 AM

Yes, I did. I thought anyone with common sense can see that by all the previous versions I meant all the previous versions that I had access to. Also, I have tried it without OF and BetterFPS, as well as I used the most recent version with 1.7.10 Forge, and still it wont let me to. If you do not have any interest on testing bugs how can you call yourself a dev? But I get it, Devs dont like tinkering around with old versions, but in my opinion you should try fixing it if you want to keep putting more versions of 1.7.10 out.

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User44447

Jul 06 19, 07:49 AM

I, for one, can second this. I don't know what the problem is but I cannot tilt the camera at all for the latest verison of the ReplayMod on 1.7.10. I have tried to even bind my camera tilt keys to keys on my number pad (which weren't binded to anything previously) and it still does not work.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

"all the previous versions that I had access to"
    No, you didn't. There are potentially hundreds of snapshot versions sprinkled throughout the forum which is why I told you to be specific. What's so difficult in saying "every 1.7.10 version listed on the Download page".

"If you do not have any interest on testing bugs how can you call yourself a dev?"
    Since the previous pre-release I've already accumulated a list of 14 things which I'll be looking into today, so I gotta keep each item as small as possible. Given there's one person (me) maintaining the RM with the skills to fix bugs once they've identified them and a lot more people (most of everyone reporting bugs) who can follow simple instructions, I'd like to make the best possible use of the one person's time (because it's the limiting factor) and defer as much of the unskilled work to people who can't do the skilled one.
    Also, you do realize I'm not getting paid for this, right? Any time I put into maintaining this mod is my own and I've got lots of more fun things to do.

"but in my opinion you should try fixing it if you want to keep putting more versions of 1.7.10 out."
    Given those options, I'll be abandoning 1.7.10 then, would that make you happy?
    Or does trying and failing because of lack of time already qualify as "try fixing it"? In that case, we're good as that's what I've been doing the whole time.

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User44447

Jul 06 19, 09:08 PM

i can understand your frustration as a developer as I have developed previously in the past and I know the struggle of people not being specific enough as everything has to be precise, but abandoning 1.7.10 will have you lose a whole community of people, I've been using the ReplayMod on 1.7.10 for years now and it'd be a shame to have to stop support for it over a forum post but at the end of the day I don't have control over what you do. But either way I appreciate everything you guys have been doing to try and make it more compatible each update. I can search around for any errors if anything but this bug doesn't seem to make any errors or crashes or such. It's simply just a not picking up whenever I press the tilt buttons.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

I don't intend to abandon 1.7.10, that was just a hypothetical given only those two options. Instead I'll be going with option c): Fixing 1.7.10 bugs only if they're trivial to fix (and I already know the fix just from looking at the bug report) or if I find the time to do so and they don't turn out to be hugely complex to fix.

This bug fits into the second category and I've fixed it about half an hour ago (will be in 2.2.0-b5), turns out I had never implemented camera roll in the first place because the event forge provides for it on 1.8-1.12.2 doesn't exist in 1.7.10, so I now had to roll my own (which was fairly easy to do).

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User44447

in response to User10

Jul 06 19, 10:03 PM | Last edited: Jul 06 19, 10:04 PM

I don't intend to abandon 1.7.10, that was just a hypothetical given only those two options. Instead I'll be going with option c): Fixing 1.7.10 bugs only if they're trivial to fix (and I already know the fix just from looking at the bug report) or if I find the time to do so and they don't turn out to be hugely complex to fix.

This bug fits into the second category and I've fixed it about half an hour ago (will be in 2.2.0-b5), turns out I had never implemented camera roll in the first place because the event forge provides for it on 1.8-1.12.2 doesn't exist in 1.7.10, so I now had to roll my own (which was fairly easy to do).

thank you so much man, i know how outdated 1.7.10 is and i appreciate you looking for the bug (:

also any eta on the release of b5?

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User114339

Jul 07 19, 09:15 PM

I appreciate you trying to fix it, sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.