Replay Mod Forums

[Suggestion] Gui Recording
    • User
    • 47 forum posts
    User12470

Sep 05 15, 02:20 PM

I think this would be a great mod for people who want to record their Minecraft as if it's a screen recorder, but their computer can't handle it. So, I think the mod should record your mouse, any guis, your hotbar, scoreboard, xp bar, boss bar, the play hand, etc. Now I know the mod will only be able to record that for the player who is recording, but I think there should also be a way to import multiple of these gui recordings into one recording so you can then have the camera switch between players.

What do you guys think? I think this could be the best recording software/mod for Minecraft if this was added.

• Beta Tester
    • 125 forum posts
    User37

Sep 07 15, 02:29 PM

I like the idea of recording the things the players see like GUI/Scoreboard etc, however regarding your idea about importing multiple of the "gui recordings", it would only work if everyone who's GUI's you wish to display were using Replay Mod too, and then you had access to their replay files.

• User
    • 47 forum posts

I like the idea of recording the things the players see like GUI/Scoreboard etc, however regarding your idea about importing multiple of the "gui recordings", it would only work if everyone who's GUI's you wish to display were using Replay Mod too, and then you had access to their replay files.

Right, I know. My idea was that the main recording (what we have now) and the gui recording would be two separate files. When you go into the replay view you could then import multiple gui recordings from all your friends who also recorded, and then you can have the camera switch between them and be able to see their hotbar, inventory, open guis, etc

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User111719

in response to User12470

Aug 12 19, 08:13 AM | Last edited: Aug 12 19, 08:14 AM

I would say that feature won't be added anytime soon as the replay mod saves the Position of all Entitys, Time, Chunk data

Yes you can see the leaderboard while editing but can't render it. If you really want to record your Gui then i suggest a screen recorder instead of replay mod. Sorry for my awful spelling.