Replay Mod Forums

This Thread is locked - no new replies are allowed.

Locked Replay Mod 1.14.x (was: Replay mod 1.13.2)
    • User
    • 1 forum post
    User56980

Feb 16 19, 07:12 PM

Do people know if the mod replay mod was going to be update in 1.13.2 or if it's up to us to update?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Feb 16 19, 09:05 PM

Oh, I see, snapshots for Forge 1.13.2 has been released \o/.
    I've started updating the RM to 1.13 (with Forge built from source) a few months ago but was eventually blocked by the Mixin library not yet working on 1.13 (and we really need it). I am unaware of it's current state except that no new commits have been pushed to the main repo.

I do plan to resume the update process once the Mixin lib is available. So, if you wish to help, getting Mixin on 1.13.2 would be a great.
    For producing usable RM jars, we'll also need MixinGradle to be compatible with FG3. It should not be necessary for working on the update though, so it's secondary until I'm done with the main chunk of update work.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Feb 26 19, 05:42 PM

Good luck with everything Johni, and CrushedPixel. It's a wild new world out there with this new version of Forge. I'm rooting for you to be able to tame this beast!

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User68485

Feb 27 19, 02:54 PM

I Belive many people are waiting for this update, make videos without this mod is soooo boring =D

wish you luck with the adaptation!

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User21471

Mar 22 19, 04:31 AM

The good news is that I hopped over to the Mixin Library and it does appear there is some updating activity over there.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

May 07 19, 03:45 PM | Last edited: Jun 15 19, 09:45 AM

OK, I've more or less got the update to 1.14 at a point where one can actually run it, so I've decided to skip 1.13 for now (or maybe forever).

I could use a bit of help testing the (soon to be) 2.2 version of the ReplayMod before putting out the first pre-release though. There have been a few quite substantial changes to parts of the RM. Since we have a single codebase for all supported MC versions, any version may break when I touch something and I really can't test all 11 supported versions after every tiny thing I change.

Update: These snapshots are now outdated, use the ones from the Download page.

Here's a link to a current snapshot:
    https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.14-2.1.4-113-g362f61a.jar
    https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.14.1-2.1.4-135-g26d8c97.jar
    https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.14.2-2.1.4-140-g208b9c1.jar
    Expect bugs, lots of them.
    All the usual Minecraft versions are available in addition to 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2: Simply change the "1.14" "1.14.1" "1.14.2" in the url to whichever version you're looking for.
    When reporting an issue for these, in addition to the usual guidelines, please clearly state your RM version in the title of the thread. Also always make sure you're actually using the latest version (linked above).

Specifically these things have undergone significant changes compared to 2.1.4 and need to be tested on all versions:
    - The initial handshake at the start of a replay, i.e. start of recording and loading of replays (until there's a world visible), with and without other mods, singleplayer and multiplayer
    - Recording of server-side resource packs
    - Movement of the camera and triggering of keyboard shortcuts in replays
    - Video rendering (should now be a lot quicker on most cards), you might have to reset your ffmpeg arguments (i.e. temporarily select a different encoding preset)
    - There have been some changes to the replay file format. It should all be wonderfully compatible but better be safe than sorry: Backup your replays, you have been warned.
    - We've been making more use of Mixins in general, this item has a broad range but should your game just crash when you launch it, then it's probably because of this. These kind of issues are generally easy to fix but requires starting the game on each version to find them (so don't be surprised if you start 1.10.2 and it immediately crashes; not all versions are tested).
    - 1.7.10 has not been getting much love, it might not even launch (I haven't tried). I would like to get it at least back to how it was in 2.1.4.

The follow things are new and need testing:
    - Quick Mode (1.9.4+ only)
    Quick mode can be activated by pressing Q while in a replay. It should then do some initial work on the replay and finally refresh the world.
    Once activated, only block (not tile entity) changes, entity spawning, entity despawning, entity movement, weather and time of day will be replayed. In exchanged for the reduced quality of replay, you can almost instantaneously seek to any time in the replay, both forwards and backwards.
    Please do not report lack of anything which isn't listed (e.g. particles), this is intentional and for most things will not be fixed (there have to be some tradeoffs).

- Replay Editor UI rework
    The "Replay Editor" button has been removed in favor of the "Edit" button inside the "Replay Viewer".
    The GUI of the Replay Editor has been reworked to be simpler and more powerful (it supports splitting a replay into multiple replays and cutting away multiple sections). I'm hoping the new UI is somewhat intuitive. If it isn't feel free to ask for details.

- Start/Stop/Resume/Pause recording
    There are now buttons to start/stop and pause/resume your current recording in the ingame menu which work as you would expect them to. There is also a setting for disabling automatic recording (requiring you to manually start it).
    Internally the RM still always records and the buttons merely use the ReplayEditor to cut the replay as requested after you exit the server/world. You will quite clearly see this if your game crashes during recording and you then try to "Edit" the replay.

- Blender Export (1.8+)
    The rendering part of the RM can now export geometry in form of a .blend file instead of a video file.
    The option is labled as Experimental and should be treated as such. There's still a lot of work to be done on this and unless the game is outright crashing, don't bother reporting every small issue with it.
    I'm not even sure if exporting directly to a .blend file is a good idea. I've also tried starting blender and exporting via a custom plugin which connects to the RM and so far that approach actually looks more promising (though I've actually been using it for different purposes).

- 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2
    The 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 version of the ReplayMod uses Fabric as opposed to MinecraftForge.
    See here for instructions on installing the Fabric loader. In case the latest Mappings/Loader doesn't work, I've been using Mappings 1.14+build.1 1.14.1+build.10 1.14.2+build.2 and Loader 0.4.2+build.132 0.4.7+build.147 0.4.8+build.154 during development.
    You'll also need to install the Fabric API (not to be confused with the Fabric Loader you just installed. Though the API is technically optional, most mods will require both). Almost any version for 1.14.1 1.14.2 should do, I've been using 0.3.0-pre+build.157a 0.3.0+build.170 during development.
    After installing the Fabric loader, you can install the Fabric API and the ReplayMod as you would any other mod: by putting their jar file into your "mods" folder.

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User161703

May 08 19, 08:45 PM

Thank you a lot for your hard work.

Do you know if there is a way to have shaders in 1.14 with Fabric ?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

AFAIK not at this time. Optifine is still in the process of updating to 1.14 and I don't know of any other mods which implement shader support for MC.

Once Optifine is updated and considering it can run without Forge, I see no particular reason why it couldn't work with Fabric. Though installation might be a bit difficult. I don't really know how much the just-drop-it-into-your-mods-folder approach of installing optifine depends on forge (it probably won't work out of the box).
    At this point we'll just have to wait until the update is done (again, unless there are other shader mods I don't know about).

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User716

May 14 19, 08:57 PM

Thx a lot for your work ! I will test as soon as I can ^^

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

May 19 19, 10:51 PM | Last edited: May 19 19, 11:27 PM

Alright, I've done some playing around. The issues I've run into are probably not going to come as a surprise, but like a good little tester, I'll let you know my experience so far.

1.14.1 builds of Fabric doesn't work, which makes sense... just a bummer because I wanted to test it on my current smp, oh well, haha.

1.14 works great in single player. Tried out quickmode, and OMG that's amazing! What a time saver THAT'S going to be!

Except....

I just loaded up an old replay from a build I'm working on in 1.12.2, and quick mode didn't work. Does it have to be a new recording for it to work?

Here's the errorlog from that:

https://justpaste.it/6e0ji

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

May 19 19, 11:12 PM | Last edited: May 19 19, 11:13 PM

It appears that yes, quickmode only works on recordings made by this version of replaymod... a shame, but understandable.

One major bug I found in 1.12.2 that doesn't seem to happen in 1.14 is that after making one click to the replay timeline, the timeline no longer responds to clicks. Buttons to the left of the timeline change color when hovering over them, but they are otherwise not responsive.

So I tested the only thing I could due to that restraint. I booted up a replay file with paths that were saved, and rendered them. And, yup, that rendered way the frick faster! Well done sir. Once this is stable, this may have changed the fate of build videos on my channel, not even joking!

I just exported to blender. It exported rather quickly, created a fairly large file. I opened it up in blender. I see all the chunks listed in the Scene, but I see nothing in the view port. Not sure what to look for on this one, would love to test this feature for you as well, as I do enjoy making renders in blender.

You're doing amazing things! Let me know if I can help out any further!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Thanks for giving it a go and reporting the issues you came across.

I've now updated RM to 1.14.1 and dropped 1.14. I'll do the same once 1.14.2 gets released.

Quick Mode is supposed to work with any replay (except maybe pre-RM1.0 ones). In theory, though Quick Mode is only available on 1.9.4+, thanks to ViaVersion, it should even work with 1.8 replays.
    Your particular issue should be solved. The issue was already fixed in an upstream library but needed backporting to 1.8-1.12.2.

I wasn't able to reproduce the no-responding-after-one-click issue. There was however a bug on 1.8-1.12.2 where the overlay would be unresponsive to clicks while the replay is paused which may be what you were getting. That issue should be fixed.

The chunks in blender are on layer 2 iirc, entities on layer 1 and the root objects on layer 0, otherwise there'd be a ton of ugly lines between the root objects and each chunk/entity iirc (there may be other ways to solve that but I was aware of any).
    Chunks and entities will also generally be at the same coordinates as they were in MC and only those visible from the camera will be exported (since it's exporting what is being rendered and chunks behind or far away from the camera aren't being rendered).

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

May 20 19, 11:12 PM

Thank you, I'll give it some more testing tonight, I'll let you know if I run into anything!

The overlay issue you mentioned sounds 100% plausibly the problem. And I'm looking forward to testing out quick mode on some of my bigger build replays!

Also, I feel dumb for not clicking through the layers in blender. I'm such a derp! I'll check that out later!

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

May 21 19, 12:09 AM

Just tried it out on 1.14.1

First issue I found is minor, but movement is slightly different from spectator, in that I can't click space or shift while moving to go up or down. I have to stop moving, then go up or down.

Other than that, creating a path went quite well, everything went smoothly, including quick mode. But then I tried to render:
    https://justpaste.me/SqLk

After I got that error, it wouldn't show that replay file in the list, until I rebooted. Then I loaded up the path again, tried to render.... It started this time, but when I clicked preview, it showed lots of random lines both vertical and horizontal... then when it went to complete, I got this:
    https://justpaste.me/SqO2

I checked the video file it created, though, and it was spot on regardless of the error. I'm assuming the error was in relation to using the preview feature.

I'll keep playing with it. See if I can find more work for you to do, hahahaha!

No, but seriously, thank you for this, you do amazing work!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

I've fixed the camera movement, the render preview, an issue with jumping backwards in time (causes permanent dirt screen and your first crash), and a few other things.
    I'm unable to reproduce the second crash and fail to see what could cause it. Does it happen reliably for you? If not, can you see any pattern to it?

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User162938

May 22 19, 06:30 PM

Hey!

I also tried the 1.14.1 version you published a few days ago. There seems to be a problem with the file explorer of the replay mod. I wanted to change the path, where the replay will be saved and then the game just crashed. Here is the crash report:

Spoiler: Crash Report

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User163053

May 24 19, 02:58 AM

Great work so far. Very much appreciated all these efforts to make replay mod work for 1.14. Optifine is now out for 1.14 as a preview. The holy grail is shaders and replay mod working at the same time! If anyone wants to add me on discord to discuss attempts at this then please get in touch.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

The RM has moved on to 1.14.1, so I won't be fixing any compatibility bugs until we meet OF on 1.14.2 again.
    I gave it a try with the last 1.14 version anyway and even though OF officially has no plans to support Fabric, thanks to this piece of black magic shaders in replays seem to just work. The important part here is "in replays", it totally crashes when rendering since OF has changed enough that our current workarounds from 1.12.2 no longer work. Again, I won't be looking into fixing those until RM+OF are on 1.14.2 (or which ever is the most recent MC version when we get there).

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Thanks for reporting, I would have never come across the issue myself since it cannot happen on linux. Should be fixed with *-2.1.4-132 (still building, will update the link in my original post once it's done).

• User
    • 2 forum posts

Thanks for reporting, I would have never come across the issue myself since it cannot happen on linux. Should be fixed with *-2.1.4-132 (still building, will update the link in my original post once it's done).

No problem! Love the work you are doing!

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User83215

May 28 19, 10:52 AM

Hey, the server I'm on just updated to 1.14.2 so I tried "updating" RM myself by updating all of the "version" tags to 1.14.2

when I tried to run it fabric didn't seem to even notice that it was there. Do I need to do something else?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Updating the RM requires more than just replacing references to the old version with the new one.

However, this update was about as friction-less as it gets, so I was done with it in less than an hour. I've updated my original post with a link to the new version.

• User
    • 2 forum posts

Updating the RM requires more than just replacing references to the old version with the new one.

However, this update was about as friction-less as it gets, so I was done with it in less than an hour. I've updated my original post with a link to the new version.
    I thought 1.14.1 and 1.14.2 were supposed to be semi interchangeable. so I tried. what else did you need to change?

I'm a developer myself, but my knowledge of minecraft modding isn't what it once was xD

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

RM bundles a library for parsing the MC protocol which the spectator keyframes, the ReplayEditor and QuickMode are built on (using a lib as opposed to MC for better stability over the 13 different versions). That lib needs updating (in this cause fairly trivial since only the protocol version changed). Same for the bundled ViaVersion if you want to load older replays on newer versions.
    I'm not sure if recompiling the whole thing from source is strictly necessary but some mappings might have changed and I'm not sure how well mixin supports fabric's intermediary mappings (iirc I saw some discussion about refmap remapping recently which may or may not be relevant).

So aside from the library needing to be aware of the new protocol version and maybe different mappings, you might have gotten away with it.
    I've got no idea why fabric wouldn't at least have tried to load the mod (maybe it did but it failed silently?).

• User
    • 3 forum posts

to use optifine with replay mod on Fabric, you have to put optifine in mods folders and add https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/optifabric, it work :D

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User43494

May 31 19, 03:53 PM

Hmm, everytime i exit a world and the mod tries to save a replay i get the following error:

Spoiler: Minecraft error log:

I'm using the 1.14.2 version of the replay mod.

• User
    • 5 forum posts

to use optifine with replay mod on Fabric, you have to put optifine in mods folders and add https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/optifabric, it work :D

MythMega - what version of optifine did you use? could you add me on discord? andyisyoda#2470

• User
    • 13 forum posts
    User109399

Jun 02 19, 12:37 AM

Finally got the snapshot on. I've only been on for a minute so this may be my fault, but as soon as I tried quick mode, I got an error message. I have MC 1.14.2, RM 2.1.4-140, Fabric API 0.3.0 build 170, running on Mac OS. I am running a replay taken on a server on 1.8.9.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DimxPe_FM2OsRLXn19AjEHI7vpGt0yB_V7DWhGU9v4Y/edit?usp=sharing

When trying to render without ffmpeg routed right, the exit button doesn't work, requiring hitting escape (or restarting MC).

After doing some edits in the editor and clicking apply, the loader bar comes up and stays at 0%. I then have to restart MC.

Player location during replay seems offset by about half a block, as I am floating over the edge of surfaces at times.

I tried exporting as .blend because that feature sounds amazing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try it out, whenever I open the file in blender, an error occurs: "Library file, Loading empty scene".

I then tried making a recording, but the "Saving Replay File" dialogue never left, and the replay never appeared. I then quit MC and it now cannot start up, here's the error message I keep getting.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/18s2SfxOWYNqXKh5YBTPVmDaoufdU6L8EkCfb0Fr7mbs/edit?usp=sharing

If there's anything wrong with my setup, I'd say tell me how to fix that and I can make sure that these issues are still present. Thanks for continuing work on this mod, it's powerful, but also really needed the improvements you're giving it!

• User
    • 13 forum posts
    User109399

Jun 02 19, 01:15 AM

I then installed RM 2.1.4-140 for 1.8.9 I am also running on Forge and Optifine.

A quick recording went fairly smoothly, but shortly after loading up the viewer, MC crashed to a NullPointerException (I've seen several NullPointerExceptions, might all be from the same bug in the Replay code). After repeated attempts, this seems to be caused by hitting escape get rid of the cursor after getting it visible. This error seems to occur regardless of when the replay was made, however the crash isn't as bad if I'm in a replay recorded in a server. Instead of outright crashing, I get "Connection Lost, End of Stream", and it gives me a "back to server list".

Error Message when MC Crashes:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WfPk27ShyRBvgM2yAQz0nGCxK7frUyT3Ilv6HkaF3Fs/edit?usp=sharing

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User164070

Jun 02 19, 11:42 AM | Last edited: Jun 02 19, 12:15 PM

I've test the one1.14.2 and it doesnt save the recordings. the Replay Viewer is empty.

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User164070

Jun 02 19, 12:20 PM

Ok, now somehow i manage to make it work but it crashed

Spoiler: CrashReport

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User164070

Jun 02 19, 12:47 PM

Also Ctrl+Z crashes the game in the editor mode

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User71290

in response to User163053

Jun 02 19, 11:43 PM | Last edited: Jun 02 19, 11:49 PM

MythMega - what version of optifine did you use? could you add me on discord? andyisyoda#2470
    I use optifine In prerelease, all version work fine to play, but there is a problem : when you try to make render with replay mod and optifine (+replayMod & OptiFabric), the render stay to this screen : "rendered frame 0/600 (for exemple)' and it don't start. So i planned to hiding everything with F1 and record replay preview directly :/

EDIT : ic heck each day for news version of optifine / optifabric / replay mod, if with update of one, the issue is fixed, i will update this post

• User
    • 7 forum posts

I use optifine In prerelease, all version work fine to play, but there is a problem : when you try to make render with replay mod and optifine (+replayMod & OptiFabric), the render stay to this screen : "rendered frame 0/600 (for exemple)' and it don't start. So i planned to hiding everything with F1 and record replay preview directly :/

EDIT : ic heck each day for news version of optifine / optifabric / replay mod, if with update of one, the issue is fixed, i will update this post

This is the same for me, just sits on 0 frames rendered

Versions:
    Replay Mod 1.14.2-2.1.4-140-g208b9c1
    OptiFine 1.14.2_HD_U_F1_pre9
    fabric API 0.3.0+build.176
    Fabric with Mappings version 1.14.2 + build.2, Loader Veirson 0.4.8+build.154

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User79807

Jun 07 19, 05:05 PM

Same thing for everyone, "0 frames rendered".

It's been a while since a beta of the mod has been uploaded, is it because you're fixing the render with OF ?

Thanks

• User
    • 5 forum posts

This is the same for me, just sits on 0 frames rendered

Versions:
    OptiFine 1.14.2_HD_U_F1_pre9
    fabric API 0.3.0+build.176
    Fabric with Mappings version 1.14.2 + build.2, Loader Veirson 0.4.8+build.154

Thanks so much MythMega - I installed all those details and got it all working except optifine! Even the replay mod renders just fine

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User65876

Jun 10 19, 03:25 PM | Last edited: Jun 10 19, 03:34 PM

Hi,
    i'm fine with the mod and thanks, but the replay viewer is empty.

no error message, no crash just empty, and the folder in.minecraft have the files .mcpr

any idea for help me, i miss a little details perhaps ?

EDIT : ok i have found the problem, if i save and quit the game i can see the replay in replay viewer but if in game i stop replay with option menu, the replay is not in replay viewer...

Versions:
    OptiFine 1.14.2_HD_U_F1_pre9 + optifabric-0.2.0 (i have modified indigo-renderer.properties for shaders is ok)
    fabric-api-0.3.0+build.181
    fabricloader@0.4.8+build.155

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User65876

Jun 10 19, 07:02 PM | Last edited: Jun 10 19, 08:09 PM

I was happy all seems functionnal and i can generate my replay, so i prepare a render, and when i start it, freeze, it don't start, just freeze minecraft, render pictures block on 0/886, i have test with 30 or 60 fps, in medium, high quality or mkv preset, i test to use ffmpeg latest version or latest stable version for windos, it's the same result...

i'm disapointed lol, just at the end with the render, frustrating ;-) LOL

my config :
    Versions:
    OptiFine 1.14.2_HD_U_F1_pre9 + optifabric-0.2.0 (i have modified indigo-renderer.properties for shaders is ok)
    fabricloader@0.4.8+build.155

and in the log minecraft before freeze :
    Starting D:\ ... \MultiMC\instances\Fabric\.minecraft\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe with args: -y -f rawvideo -pix_fmt bgra -s 1920x1080 -r 30 -i - -an -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -qp 1 -pix_fmt yuv420p "TestRPMC.mp4"
    [18:54:10] [main/WARN]: Received passengers for unknown entity

EDIT i've found the cause of this problem it's optifine when i desactivate opptifabric, i can make render.

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User68268

Jun 10 19, 08:56 PM

So forge 1.14.2 has been released for a bit now, Is the 1.14.x version of replay mod going to move back to using forge or stay with fabric? or keep waiting until forge continues to get past the beta stage for 1.14.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User164808

Jun 10 19, 09:16 PM

I crash on render using Optifine, Fabric, and OptiFabric.

OptiFine 1.14.2_HD_U_F1_pre9 + optifabric-0.2.1
    fabricloader+0.4.8+build.155

• User
    • 3 forum posts

probably because of optifine, i have similar problem but not without optifine

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Yes, I know its optifine.

I need to use optifine, whats the point of recording something without a shader lmfao?

• User
    • 1 forum post

Yes, I know its optifine.

I need to use optifine, whats the point of recording something without a shader lmfao?
    I'm having the same issue, I can render without optifine but not with.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Considering switching to forge would require additionall effort with no apparent gain, we'll stay on fabric for now. Fabric should also allow for quicker updates to newer MC versions since they have significantly less stuff to port than forge (and the RM doesn't need any of forge's more advanced features).

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User155046

Jun 14 19, 01:29 PM

Anybody else noticing that there is no hand movement on player when viewing in replay? e.g. watching a replay of player mining a block I will just see the player holding the pickaxe, no arm movement, then the block breaks.

• User
    • 2 forum posts

I noticed that too. Can be very annoying sometimes.

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User165473

Jun 16 19, 10:00 PM | Last edited: Jun 16 19, 10:25 PM

I have a problem with splitting a replay in 1.14.2, most of the time the game crashes and I get "The game crashed whilst gui layout".

First, I open the replay I want to split, in this case "Intro".
    Second, I click the "Edit" button and insert a split at 11:26.
    Then I "apply" the changes, and the progress bar is stuck at 0% for a few seconds.
    Then a dialog partially in the upper left shows, with only the back button and a little of another unknown button visible.
    I click on the back button, and Minecraft crashes with:

"The game crashed whilst gui layout
    Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Gui Layout"

Spoiler: Crash report

Then, I retry the split by reopening Minecraft and clicking edit, but there's now a dotted line at 11:26 titled "_RM_Split".
    I do nothing, apply, and Minecraft crashes again. What do I do?

My computer specs aren't good, but I've split two other replays successfully.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Considering switching to forge would require additionall effort with no apparent gain, we'll stay on fabric for now. Fabric should also allow for quicker updates to newer MC versions since they have significantly less stuff to port than forge (and the RM doesn't need any of forge's more advanced features).

Er, but fabric literally kills optifine, which in turn kills shaders.

I really don't see a point in a "cinematic" if its just normal MC look lol

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Looks like you've hit two issues at once: An error in the replay editor and the error popup being mostly off-screen.

I've fixed the off-screen popup issue (will be in 2.2.0-b2).

For the other issue, you should be able to also find the error message in the log. Once you have, please paste it to https://paste.replaymod.com and open a new thread with it.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

"Er, but fabric literally kills optifine, which in turn kills shaders."
    Not sure where you've got this from. I've been running optifine during development in order to fix compatibility issues and others (even in this thread) seem to have been running it as well (although without my fixes, which only landed in 2.2.0-b1, so it froze for them during rendering).
    What doesn't help your argument is that last time I checked Forge has been unable to load Optifine since 1.13.
    Mixin hasn't been running on forge since 1.13 either, and since Mixin is a hard dependency for the RM, to put it in your words: forge literally kills mixin, which in turn kills replaymod

"I really don't see a point in a "cinematic" if its just normal MC look lol"
    Sounds like a personal problem. I would advice you to act less entitled when interacting with people who make stuff which you haven't been paying for.

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User70060

Jun 17 19, 01:09 PM | Last edited: Jun 17 19, 01:29 PM

Hi there.

I've installed Fabric and the replay mod and Fabric API in the mod-folder
    I cant see the replays in the 'replay-viewer' even though they are made in the replay-recordings folder.
    Sorry, if I'm being nooby, but I can't figure out, what's wrong :-)

EDIT - seemed like it only was a problem with older saves from MC 1.12.2 With a new save it works like a charm

Thanks SO MUCH for making this update. :-D

Best regards - Mikkel (Denmark)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Sounds like you may be hitting this issue.

• User
    • 7 forum posts

Sounds like you may be hitting this issue.
    Duh, yeah :-) Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User164808

in response to User10

Jun 18 19, 04:31 AM | Last edited: Jun 18 19, 04:34 AM

"Er, but fabric literally kills optifine, which in turn kills shaders."
    Not sure where you've got this from. I've been running optifine during development in order to fix compatibility issues and others (even in this thread) seem to have been running it as well (although without my fixes, which only landed in 2.2.0-b1, so it froze for them during rendering).
    What doesn't help your argument is that last time I checked Forge has been unable to load Optifine since 1.13.
    Mixin hasn't been running on forge since 1.13 either, and since Mixin is a hard dependency for the RM, to put it in your words: forge literally kills mixin, which in turn kills replaymod

"I really don't see a point in a "cinematic" if its just normal MC look lol"
    Sounds like a personal problem. I would advice you to act less entitled when interacting with people who make stuff which you haven't been paying for.

Uhhh, I wasn't acting entitled to anything and I do appreciate your work. I've been following your mods for ages and have been using them for ages. I wasn't attacking you, I wasn't poking fun at you, or anything.

Just curious, What users are reporting optifine + replaymod + fabric are working? If I scroll up I see a ton of posts about it breaking, but not the other way around.

It doesn't help that to me, from a users perspective, you haven't replied to any of those crashes / rendering problems. It just appears it is broke and hasn't been fixed, how exactly am I supposed to know it was fixed if there isn't even a post regarding the problem / acknowledging it?

Also yes, it is a personal preference, and i as a user am letting you know of my personal preference. I wasn't saying you *have* to do it for me, nowhere was I alluding to that, I was just notifying you as a dev that personally I really enjoy shaders with my replays instead of a basic MC look.

It's important to know what users like, and i'm being vocal about it, if everyone wasn't vocal about the things they personally like, then plugins wouldn't even be made for the community in the first place, right?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

I misunderstood your "lol" and "lmao" then. Sorry about my remarks. People acting entitled unfortunately happens far too often and is quite annoying as someone who puts their spare time into stuff which at this point they don't even use themselves.

Basically anyone reporting the game freezing on rendering with OF, implied that it was working up to that point and I've fixed that particular compatibility issue (during snapshots I don't bother responding to every single report, especially not if they're all posted in the same thread against my instructions).

I see your point about me never replying to the posts making it look like those issues are still occurring.
    That's why I originally wrote in my post that any bug reports should clearly state the version they were using. If they did, then you could have realized that all of those reports were for an outdated version. But they ofc didn't, so no blame can really be put on you.

"I wasn't saying you *have* to do it for me, nowhere was I alluding to that"
    "whats the point of recording something without a shader lmfao?"
    Yes, not technically saying I *have* to do it but strongly implying that if anything is done, it must be that.

"It's important to know what users like, and i'm being vocal about it, if everyone wasn't vocal about the things they personally like, then plugins wouldn't even be made for the community in the first place, right? "
    Yes, please. As said above, I don't use the mod myself, so aside from the occasional feature request thread, I have no idea what people actually want from it.
    This is doubly important for bugs. The amount of major bugs I've only become aware of by watching other people's videos is too damn high.

I'm going to lock this thread to avoid further confusing others coming across it.
    Issues mentioned in posts above (before post #47) are for outdated versions and should be fixed as of 2.2.0-b1. If you encounter any issues with the latest version, please open a new thread for it (unless there already is one for that version).