Replay Mod Forums

Is there a changelog, update notifs for ReplayMod?
    • User
    • 13 forum posts
    User109399

May 27 19, 08:45 PM

I just realized that the version of Replaymod I've been using (2.0) is several iterations old, though as far as I'm aware the existence of an update was not announced anywhere. Is there a way to let users know when there's an update? Additionally, I have no clue what's different between 2.0 and 2.1.4, are there changelogs somewhere for new updates?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

May 27 19, 09:10 PM

Forge should automatically query this file when you start Minecraft and display a small blinking emerald on the "Mods" button in the main menu if your version is older than the latest recommended version:

Same should go for pre-releases if you currently have a pre-release version installed. If the latest version is a release version and you'd like to be notified of pre-releases, there's currently no mechanism for that afaik.
    There's no mechanism for snapshots other than regularily checking the thread in which I've recently posted a snapshot link (I usually post snapshot links only in specific threads for specific purposes, e.g. specific, low-priority bug fixes or the 1.14 version).

The thread which contains a summary of all changes for each update should be linked on the Download page (close to the bottom).

• User
    • 13 forum posts
    User109399

May 27 19, 09:17 PM

Ok, good to know. I might recommend putting the changelog on top of the list rather than below for a quick usability improvement.

Thanks!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

May 27 19, 10:01 PM

Good idea. I moved it into the first header and, while I'm at it, I also got rid of the "Beta Releases" label and pulled the download links to the latest release to the top so one no longer needs to scroll to get to those.