Replay Mod Forums

Render "from time x to time y"
    • User
    • 5 forum posts
    User31530

Mar 24 16, 05:13 PM

Hey Guys,

is there a way to render a replay in specific times? e.g. a replay takes 60 seconds, but the camera path is going from 20s-40s. If i'm rendering this, the final Video is 40s long, the first 20s are freezed and the other half of the video is "replayed". So, is it possible, to say that he only render from 20s-40s and not 0s-40s? If there is a obvious way, i don't know it, please tell me :)

• User
    • 98 forum posts
    User14026

Mar 24 16, 07:33 PM

I think what you are saying is, can you render only part of a path that you make. If so, just put the bar in the timeline bar where ever you want to replay mod to start rendering. Eg. 20 secs. It will start from that point and render anything after it in a camera path.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User31530

Mar 26 16, 09:51 PM

No, that's not what i mean, but i tried it and it didn't work anyway. I try to explain my problem really basically once again (and i'm sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker^^):

I have a replay. It goes 30 seconds. I never need the first ten seconds, because the world is loading or i "get in position". When I'm "in position" (often after ten seconds) i set a postion keyframe and a time keyframe. Then i set a second keyframe at 15s and a third at 20s. (position and time each). I play the camera path, i'm fine with it and now i press the render button. I set all the settings and i press render. If i look now to the rendered video, (which goes 20s) i see the first ten second a freezed picture and after ten seconds the actual path starts.
    So, is there a way to say, that he only renders from the first keyframe to the last and not from 0s to the last keyframe? So that i have a video which is really a video and not a video where i have just a picture and only some seconds of the path. This would save render time and memory space.

• User
    • 98 forum posts
    User14026

Mar 26 16, 10:59 PM | Last edited: Mar 26 16, 11:00 PM

Hmm, it sounds like you might be having a problem outside the replay mod. Try changing your forge version to 1.8-11.14.3.1450 which can be downloaded here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.8.html

Also, what are your system specs? Do you have intergrated graphics or a video card?

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User31530

Mar 27 16, 10:14 PM

I tried it on .1450, but didn't work as well.

Is it normal, that he only renders between the keyframes? So it's like a bug that i have? Or is he always rendering from zero seconds? Btw, i'm using the latest snapshot.

My PC specs aren't that special... CPU: Intel i7-4790, Graphic Card: Asus STRIX GTX 980, Mainboard: Asrock Z97, Win7 64-bit, 16GB DDR3 RAM and Minecraft is running on a SSD.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User31530

Mar 27 16, 10:14 PM

I tried it on .1450, but didn't work as well.

Is it normal, that he only renders between the keyframes? So it's like a bug that i have? Or is he always rendering from zero seconds? Btw, i'm using the latest snapshot.

My PC specs aren't that special... CPU: Intel i7-4790, Graphic Card: Asus STRIX GTX 980, Mainboard: Asrock Z97, Win7 64-bit, 16GB DDR3 RAM and Minecraft is running on a SSD.

• User
    • 98 forum posts
    User14026

Mar 28 16, 12:35 AM

Hmm. I don't know why its not working then. Sorry.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User31530

Mar 30 16, 10:58 AM

No problem, thanks for your help anyway :) Maybe someone else can help me