Replay Mod Forums

Cannot Save Replay Recording, Crashes
    • User
    • 6 forum posts
    User60500

Jul 28 19, 03:48 AM

Version: 1.8.9
    ReplayMod: v2.2.0 b7
    Was playing on a modded multiplayer world, when I exited I got a certain recording crash from replaymod:
    https://paste.replaymod.com/zebohiqote

Note: I tested this on b4 and it worked fine

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 28 19, 09:29 AM | Last edited: Jul 28 19, 09:30 AM

Based on the crash report, this only happens when a specific type of mob spawns near you, which might explain why it didn't happen when you tested b4.
    Which other mods do you have installed? (You seem to have removed that info from the crash report)
    Could you upload the replay which has caused that crash somewhere so I can try myself? You should be able to find it in .minecraft/replay_recordings/raw/.

• User
    • 6 forum posts
    User60500

in response to User10

Jul 28 19, 05:20 PM | Last edited: Jul 28 19, 05:21 PM

So this is a custom modpack with a set server (Minecraft Breakdown on technic), I believe the issue is the npcs at spawn, which serve as shops, are causing the issue. The raw replay loads fine in the viewer with every entity that's supposed to be there being there. The file is on my profile and is called "Testing b7"

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 28 19, 05:35 PM

Are those NPCs modded ones or vanilla ones?
    If it's the former, then whichever mod adds them doesn't use the standard Forge way of adding/spawning custom entities (which is the only way that can be supported by the RM) and they should fix that.
    If it's the latter, then I'll have to have a much closer look (which will take some time until I get to it).

• User
    • 6 forum posts
    User60500

Jul 28 19, 06:10 PM | Last edited: Jul 28 19, 06:10 PM

The server uses normal modded mobs and transforms them into npcs so the client mod can interpret it and opens guis accordingly, which would most likely cause that exact issue you explained (the former)