Replay Mod Forums

Crash: "Unexpected error" when rendering
    • User
    • 3 forum posts
    User190726

Oct 28 19, 08:07 AM

Ok, so, i've been trying to get the replay mod working for 1.14.4 for a few days now, and i just cannot get it to render correctly. I am using Replay Mod v1.14.4-2.2.0-b7 with Fabric API and Fabric Loader (both as recent as i can get them) and launch minecraft using MultiMC 5. I do not use any other mods whatsoever, and believe that i have installed FFMPEG correctly, as rendering starts, but completely destroys my game from there on. Looking at the crash log, i can't tell you why its crashed or what caused it to crash, but I'm hoping you can makes some sense of it. Tthe initial few frames seem to render, but then the UI completely bugs out. Once it does, i can press escape to back out of the "bugged" menu, and interact with the UI, although the positioning of where to click to interact with the UI is completely offset. Not sure why this is happening, but i hope you can make something of the crash report.

Spoiler: Crash Report

I feel like it's something really simple and obvious that im somehow neglecting, but i just cannot figure out what it is. Please help me, i just want to share some replays with friends. :( Thanks for any help i can get

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User190726

Oct 28 19, 08:10 AM

Forgot to mention, but i don't use a resource pack either

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User190726

Oct 28 19, 09:15 AM

After a bit of tiral and error, i figured out two things that helped me fix my issue:
    1. My installation of Java was for 32-bit, while my OS was 64-bit. This is important, because it stopped me from trying out this next solution:
    2. Allocate more RAM. Whatever minecraft was allocated before was not enough to render the video that i wanted.

Basically, INCREASE RAM. For me, Minimum of 1Gb and Max of 2Gb was enough to render in 1440p. If your minecraft can't allocate the ram for some reason even though you should have enough, install the correct version of Java. Go to their website, scroll down, click on "see all java downloads" and download the appropriate version for you, as the default online installer may put the wrong version on your computer (My system is x64, yet installer downloaded x32)

So just double check those, and hopefully that helps. Didn't want to desert this post with no explanation just incase someone else had a similar problem.