Replay Mod Forums

Editing the data in the .mcpr file
    • User
    • 8 forum posts
    User143

Aug 15 15, 04:23 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to manually edit stuff in the .mcpr file like changing a name or a block or even removing effect potions from a player and stuff.
    Thanks for the help!
    Enjoy your day :)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Aug 15 15, 04:25 PM

At the moment this is not supported at all. At some point we might release the ReplayStudio API which allows developers to edit .mcpr files. No ETA on that though.

• User
    • 12 forum posts
    User608

in response to User10

Aug 15 15, 05:04 PM

At the moment this is not supported at all. At some point we might release the ReplayStudio API which allows developers to edit .mcpr files. No ETA on that though.

+1

• User
    • 8 forum posts
    User143

Aug 15 15, 10:14 PM

Oh right, it will be nice :p
    I tried to open them with Notepad++ but it was just a bunch of gibberish, I was just wondering how it was recorded (I mean it could have been recorded in some kind of XML file which is understandable and editable easily via a text editor but it could have affected the file size), maybe it's recorded the same way as the .dat or .mca files that we find in world save folders.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

in response to User143

Aug 15 15, 10:27 PM

Oh right, it will be nice :p
    I tried to open them with Notepad++ but it was just a bunch of gibberish, I was just wondering how it was recorded (I mean it could have been recorded in some kind of XML file which is understandable and editable easily via a text editor but it could have affected the file size), maybe it's recorded the same way as the .dat or .mca files that we find in world save folders.

I do actually already have a tool which I use for debugging which will transform the packet data in a .mcpr file to json. However as you guessed that transforms a 10MB file into 7GB of json.

• User
    • 12 forum posts
    User608

Aug 16 15, 08:50 AM

Don't open with Notepad++, use 7-zip

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User33594

Mar 02 16, 03:34 PM | Last edited: Mar 02 16, 03:43 PM

Is it possible for others to play the file without having the Replay mod?

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts

Not at the moment. Why would you?

• User
    • 2 forum posts

Not at the moment. Why would you?

I'm a Admin on a server and with this mod I can record players if I need to without stuff taking up my whole memory. But apparantly I can't show them to the other staffs. :P

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User86326

Oct 14 17, 01:47 PM

Hey guys my question is it possible to play the mcpr file ive recorded on my pc manually?

• User
    • 2 forum posts

I am begging you to PLEASE DO THAT! Being able to edit the recordings in a more stable and "stand alone" platform, would be incredible!

• User
    • 9 forum posts

I am begging you to PLEASE DO THAT! Being able to edit the recordings in a more stable and "stand alone" platform, would be incredible!

PLEASE DO THAT! I'm having a problem with UUID or skins not saving properly, hard to find the problem. Think the API can help me update some of the UUID.