Replay Mod Forums

Recording Bugged?
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User161029

May 01 19, 10:53 AM

Hello, I've recorded a fight using replay mod and it gave me the "RECORDING" red button while being there so I thought everything was alright. After I left the game, nothing too odd happened except that the next time I would join the game it would say the game didn't close properly and the recording wasn't saved as it should have been. It asked me if I want to recover it so I clicked yes. Now when I try to open it, it shows me that it is 00:00 long and I still have the file, but it has a very small size. Anything I can do to fix this or retrieve the recording? Thanks!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

May 02 19, 09:34 AM

Unless you've got a sizable file or a .mcpr.tmp folder, there's nothing you can do, sorry for that.
    We've improved a few with with regard to replay recovery in the upcoming RM version since we've had a lot of people reporting issues with it:
    - Should be more reliable in general (lots of smaller bug fixes in the recovery code)
    - Fix a major bug where substantial amounts of replay data could get lost during recovery (you probably ran into this one)
    - Showing a "Replay Saving" popup once you exit a world/server so you know when you can safely close MC