Replay Mod Forums

AdFly is broken and dangerous
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User168651

Jul 29 19, 03:51 AM

I hate having to go through AdFly to update the mod. Literally any other form of advertising would be better, AdFly only advertises viruses and scams. It's not safe for those who are less experienced with that kind of thing and puts up a barrier between newer users and your mod. Please find a better alternative that doesn't force me to risk my computer's safety and provide a link that takes me straight to the mod rather than forcing me into AdFly.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 29 19, 10:26 AM

"I hate having to go through AdFly to update the mod. Literally any other form of advertising would be better, AdFly only advertises viruses and scams. It's not safe for those who are less experienced with that kind of thing and puts up a barrier between newer users and your mod."
    Agreed. I'm not seeing any of the money generated anyway, so I wouldn't mind if it got removed. I'd like to check back with CrushedPixel (who's not available atm) on how much it generates to then decide if we'll be replacing it (in that case I'll also be claiming a good chunk of the money since by now I'm doing 98% of the work) or if we'll just drop it because it's not worth replacing.

"and provide a link that takes me straight to the mod rather than forcing me into AdFly."
    The "(Mirror)" link does exactly that.

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User168651

Jul 29 19, 06:45 PM

Thank you so much! You're a life saver :)