Replay Mod Forums

Not rendering every chunk of world
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User340

Aug 15 15, 08:09 PM | Last edited: Aug 15 15, 08:10 PM

So, I'm trying to get the mod to load the whole world while in preview mode, but it is not happening.

I've loaded every chunk of the world while recording and the preview mod continues to un-render chunks after 5 chunks away. This is super important for a good quality video that I am attempting to create.

• User
    • 8 forum posts
    User630

Aug 15 15, 08:22 PM

I'm getting the same problem!

• User
    • 2 forum posts

I'm getting the same problem!

If I don't get an answer soon don't worry. I'll be speaking to a mod Developer today about it.

• User
    • 26 forum posts
    User708

Aug 15 15, 08:28 PM

Are you in singeplayer? Then turn up your render distance. Are you in Multiplayer? Too bad, that's a server side thing, but I'm pretty sure that after the rendering is complete it will render everything you loaded, unsure about that :)

• Beta Tester
    • 125 forum posts
    User37

in response to User340

Oct 19 15, 03:43 PM

So, I'm trying to get the mod to load the whole world while in preview mode, but it is not happening.

I've loaded every chunk of the world while recording and the preview mod continues to un-render chunks after 5 chunks away. This is super important for a good quality video that I am attempting to create.

The Replay Mod does not force chunks to remain loaded once you have entered those chunks. If you move away from the chunk while recording, Minecraft would unload the chunk, and as a result the Replay Mod will no longer record what is going on in that chunk because no packets/data are being exchanged between the server and client.
    So to answer your question, you can unfortunately not keep a whole world loaded.

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User182734

Oct 04 19, 03:44 AM

I found a way around this. Apparently it only happens to the chunks you spawned in. If you move away from them in order to unload them, and then come back and start recording, the chunks will look just fine in the replay.

• User
    • 1 forum post

I found a way around this. Apparently it only happens to the chunks you spawned in. If you move away from them in order to unload them, and then come back and start recording, the chunks will look just fine in the replay.
    Thank you, this worked for me, but the bug is still annoying