Replay Mod Forums

8 feedbacks / suggestions
    • User
    • 6 forum posts
    User13018

Feb 27 16, 10:52 AM | Last edited: Feb 27 16, 10:54 AM

Hello everybody !

First thing first, I really think that the replay is the best mod ever designed for video makers and I wish to thank you for it.
    I have to apologize about my English but I hope you will understand me anyway ^^.

I have now used the ReplayMod to make 2 short films and it’s time for me to give you my returns/suggestion from my own experience.
    You can see these short films here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjrpBqZi-8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttWtDeO0Tdg

Let’s go with my feedbacks / suggestion :

A - The most wanted functionality is certainly a way to have the benefits of the connected texture during a render. It’s normally embedded in optifine but optifine is not compatible with the replayMod. But I read somewhere you are already working on the support of Optifine.
    B - Do you think it’s possible to have the option to make render in uncompressed video ? The first thing I do after a rendering is to uncompressed the mp4 video file to work with it in after effect. And of course, even with the diamond quality, there’s some quality loss in the process.

I play on a server set in survival and it’s bring to specific request :

C - I have no control on the Night/day cycle nor the weather of minecraft. That’s why it was very acrobatic to make a perfect montage when assembling time lapse footage. I wish to have a new key line in the replay mod in which I could set keys to control atmospheric elements of the game. If I can manually set the time of the day or the weather when I make my render, it will be a lot easier to have a good unity of time in the final montage.

To “cut” my replays in exploitable and comprehensive part, I disconnect and reconnect to the server before a build session. It’s cool but wen I want to make a long camera movement with several time key in several replays, I encounters some problems :

D - You save the key frame in the replay file (I found it in the zip file ^^) but I wish that they are saved in a separate file and I can open a camera path create in a replay with another one. I try to copy paste the file in the zip file of another replay but can’t set the metadata file and can’t see the path in the second replay to load… I understand there’s a crash risk with importing time key in a replay that is shorter than the first one (if a key ask the replay to go after it’s end…) but the camera position keys doesn’t have such a risk. If I can load the same camera path in several replays, it will help to build long sequences with one movement for the camera but different time setting in different replay files. Netherless, I manage this with a paper, a pen and a lot of patience. Maybe you can add a way to export camera position key only in a separate file, witch I can load from any replay ?
    E - Doing so, I discover that the position keys are much more precisely set when I create them than when they are saved. You must rounded a bit the variables before saving them and it can be problematic. If I want to render the same camera movement with different replay file and time setting, the two renders does not perfectly follow the same path. I had to reload a saved path before rendering it to be sure that the keys in one are exactly the same in another replay.
    F - About the path viewing feature. It’s very helpful but it will be even more useful if I can see each camera position (as dot per second or 1/10 second) and not a simple line. If I could see the space between two camera position, I can visually set my key position in the timeline to have a regular movement from a key to another. Until this, I had to make a lot of test to be sure that the camera doesn’t accelerate nor decelerate drastically at each keys.

I have a problem with the left click of the mouse. I don’t know if this issue come from the replaymod or from my own settings and PC… When the camera is inside a block, I can’t click anymore. Or, after messing up with timeline too much... I can “activate” a buttons by rolling over it, but can’t click it. The same append after a rendering, by the way.

G - It will not be a problem if I can save my key when I want but the save of a path is only effective after I closed a replay. Because of this, when I can’t click anymore, I have to quit minecraft brutally and all the keys I set and saved are not, in fact, saved. It will be much comfortable for me to be sure that a saved path is really saved, at the moment I click “save” :)
    H - If I save a path, and then, move some keys in the timeline to make another rhythm with the same keys, I can’t save the new path next the first one. It say me that the path already exist but it’s not the same path for me ^^.

Of course, I speak mostly of the little things that I think you can improve but I love your work and I am a fervent supporter of the replay mod.
    Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !