Replay Mod Forums

Toggle HUD
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User12178

Mar 09 16, 11:38 AM

Request for you to add a hotkey to toggle the timeline up top so people could record with fraps or dxtory, the ffmpeg ruins after effects.

Thanks,
    Josh

P.S. Hi, Austin

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 09 16, 11:46 AM

1. The ffmpeg does not ruin After Effects (assuming you're referring to the product here, not something else). Now, I've never used After Effects but quite a few others do and none of them have had any problems with it afaik. There's probably something else wrong with your workflow. If you describe it in detail, someone who does use AE might be able to help you.

2. You'll be missing out on an absolutely constant framerate and all the other rendering modes if you don't use the builtin rendering but some screen recorder, make sure you're fine with that. If so, press F1.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User12178

in response to User10

Mar 10 16, 08:32 PM | Last edited: Mar 10 16, 08:33 PM

The files are huge rendering in high quality 120fps. Most PC's won't be able to keep up with the power after effects needs to run those file sizes. I resorted back to 60fps and default quality. Looks fine. F1 removes the minecraft hand too which would make first person recording irrelevant and pointless. Having the ability to record yourself using dxtory/fraps opens up a lot of things. You could use fog, zooms, and tweak minecraft more. I'm sure creating a bind for toggling the timeline would be easy? Not a coder myself so take my presumptions lightly. This is from a moviemakers point of view. Ingame rendering will always triumph over using your own recording software but it'd be nice to have the option open. Especially if you could key out the fog/sky AND toggle the timeline!

Thanks,
    Josh