Replay Mod Forums

How to make files not save in tmcpr
    • User
    • 24 forum posts
    User5830

Mar 12 16, 04:15 AM

I've never had this problem, but for whatever reason today I've been recording 70% of things (I've relogged like 20 times to try and reset it) in the tmcpr format. I know that it's in that format while recording, but when I finish recording and leave the server it stays in that format. Not sure how I can make it so it goes back to saving in tmcpr and not sure what info I need to provide for help.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 12 16, 11:22 AM

You can recover tmcpr files (only the recording, no meta data) using this python script.
    The script takes any number of .tmcpr files and converts them to .mcpr files with the same name.
    You didn't state your OS so you'll have to find out how to run a python program from the command line yourself.
    On Windows it should be something along these lines: python recover.py mybrokenreplay.tmcpr
    On Unix-like systems this should work: ./recover.py mybrokenreplay.tmcpr

As for the problem itself: Do you have a hard drive or a SSD? A slow or a fast one? If you wait in the main menu after leaving the server for some time, does it still not convert it? Game log?

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

in response to User10

Mar 12 16, 01:04 PM

Alternatively to @User10 's .tmcpr recovery script, you can use my modified version of it.
    This script allows you to specify a server name for the output replay file, and also make the output file a server recording.
    Unlike johni's script, it also compresses the finished .mcpr files to reduce filesize a lot.

For more information, execute python recover.py -h in the command line.

• User
    • 24 forum posts

You can recover tmcpr files (only the recording, no meta data) using this python script.
    The script takes any number of .tmcpr files and converts them to .mcpr files with the same name.
    You didn't state your OS so you'll have to find out how to run a python program from the command line yourself.
    On Windows it should be something along these lines: python recover.py mybrokenreplay.tmcpr
    On Unix-like systems this should work: ./recover.py mybrokenreplay.tmcpr

As for the problem itself: Do you have a hard drive or a SSD? A slow or a fast one? If you wait in the main menu after leaving the server for some time, does it still not convert it? Game log?

Yes, I'm on Windows. Not really sure how to run the script, I'm not a techy guy, although I downloaded the zip. I ran the program inside of the file, and I'm not sure what program to run it with when it prompted me.

I have a hard drive, 830GB free. I got it a couple months ago so I'm guessing it's a fast one? I already tried waiting in the main menu, they stayed as the same file. Not sure where to get the game log, I only know where it is when you crash (again, sorry, not techy).

Alternatively to @User10 's .tmcpr recovery script, you can use my modified version of it.
    This script allows you to specify a server name for the output replay file, and also make the output file a server recording.
    Unlike johni's script, it also compresses the finished .mcpr files to reduce filesize a lot.

For more information, execute python recover.py -h in the command line.

Like Johni's, not sure which program to run the python file from. I took a guess when you said "execute [] from the command line" and put down your command in my cmd log, but it said python isn't recognized as a command. Do I need to download python or something, I thought it was a coding language?

• User
    • 24 forum posts
    User5830

Mar 12 16, 10:34 PM

It's wierd. Sometimes it'll record fine, the file will be like 5-10MB and MCPR, other times it'll be 50MB for the same 5-10 minute recording. I even had a 2 and a half hour recording once that was still a small size. I haven't changed any settings while doing this, I just go in sometimes and it's fine and other's it's not. Maybe it has to do with chunk errors or something wherever I'm playing?

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Mar 12 16, 10:38 PM

Yes, Python is a coding language, which the script is written in. You'll need to install Python 2.7 to execute the script from here.

• User
    • 24 forum posts
    User5830

Mar 12 16, 11:14 PM | Last edited: Mar 12 16, 11:14 PM

Also another update... they seem to have deleted themselves. I came back to them and they weren't there, after I had renamed them :(

EDIT: I see your reply, I will try to run it now.

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

in response to User5830

Mar 12 16, 11:21 PM

Also another update... they seem to have deleted themselves. I came back to them and they weren't there, after I had renamed them :(

EDIT: I see your reply, I will try to run it now.

Oh yeah, they get deleted when re-launching the Replay Mod.

• User
    • 24 forum posts
    User5830

Mar 13 16, 08:25 AM | Last edited: Mar 13 16, 09:04 AM

Is there a way to prevent this though? I don't understand why. I'll play a game, it'll be MCPR. I'll join the same game again, it'll be 10x the size and TMCPR. I'm not sure why doing the exact same thing would get different results every time, are there some settings I could change?

EDIT: It seems that when I use version 1.3, and when I uninstall shaders, it doesn't do that anymore. Not sure which causes it, but I suppose I could just reinstall 1.7/Shaders when it's time to render.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User49422

Oct 27 16, 03:03 PM

Im unable to run .py file.. when i write "python" into cmd, i get:
    'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts
    User13

Oct 27 16, 03:06 PM

You have to install python, and in the installation, check "Add to path", and then it should work.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User49422

Oct 27 16, 05:49 PM

I did it, but 50% of map is just empty, sometimes there is none player and there is none timeline..
    Is there any BY YOU CONFIRMED way to do it?
    Some way which works everytime?

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts
    User13

Oct 28 16, 06:02 PM

Nope. Currently this is the only way to fix the tmcpr files. In the private beta version the way replays are saved got changed, so things like this can't occur. Maybe you installed python 3 instead of python 2. That could also be the problem.