Replay Mod Forums

Playing Music in ReplayMod along with Camera Path
    • User
    • 132 forum posts
    User738

Apr 02 16, 09:48 AM

Hey there, so recently I have been working on a full-on montage using the ReplayMod. One of the issues I have encountered with the camera pathing is the inability to perfectly sync my music with a hit/camera change etc. It has resulted in me having to export the video every time to see if a few seconds of footage is synced up, it gets annoying real fast.

So my suggestion is to allow some way for a user to attach a song with the replay they are working with, which can be simply played/paused using the play/pause button on the camera path itself, since both the song and camera path will play instantaneously. Though it may be simple, it will really cut down on mine and other player's time who plan to sync up music with their ReplayMod footage.

(playing the camera path will also play the song) (song will not be editable)

The process of selecting a song can be done by using the Asset Manager to add the asset (audio), and then the audio asset could have a button "Add on Camera Path Playback" or something.

Please consider adding the John & CrushedPixel, also any users who read this, I am open to feedback if you have any =)

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts

• User
    • 132 forum posts
    User738

Apr 03 16, 10:02 AM | Last edited: Apr 03 16, 10:02 AM

We have yet to get an reply from the Devs themselves, so your thread doesn't necessary answer the plausibility of such feature to be added on the ReplayMod. But I appreciate you addressing that this was talked about before.

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Apr 03 16, 10:44 AM

I actually had this idea myself some time ago, but Johni is currently working on completely rewriting the mod (to make it modularized and open-source ready), and I'm updating to 1.9, so please bear with us that we can't implement any of this at the moment :)

• User
    • 98 forum posts
    User14026

Apr 03 16, 05:31 PM

Yes, I would love this added, it would make video creation so much easier. I look forward to updates in the future.