Replay Mod Forums

Some suggestions about ReplayMod
    • User
    • 9 forum posts
    User36930

Apr 11 16, 05:53 PM

After several days of trying , finally got similar to this mod. It's absolutely amazing, and can totally replace Camerastudio & PixelCam & Minema. And I really hope developers can add more detail functions:
    1. Custom ingame time & weather. Which may need independent time & weather timeline to customize it.
    2. Start/stop record button. So we can prevent recording useless fragment.
    3. Options to import/export camera paths as text file. So we can manually create some special routes, like rotation at a constant speed.
    4. Import existing map to .mcpr. For example, I want to record some scenarios with players in it, so I have to record it in the server, which has a maximum view distance of 16. But I want to render it at the view distance of 32 or higher, supported by optifine but only work in single player. So importing map may solve this problem. Or if there's some better solution? ;)
    Anyway, hope you guys can make this mod much more prefect!

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts

2. It is not possible. The replay file (Other then some text information) contains, the PACKETS, that the server sent, to the client. So, If the server doesn't send something, it can't be saved. And If you don't save it, it is like, it haven't even sent, by the server
    3. Rename the mcpr file, to something.zip. Open it up, and there is a paths.json file in there. It contains the saved paths, in json format. (Unless, you don't have any saved paths ofc)

• User
    • 9 forum posts

2. It is not possible. The replay file (Other then some text information) contains, the PACKETS, that the server sent, to the client. So, If the server doesn't send something, it can't be saved. And If you don't save it, it is like, it haven't even sent, by the server
    3. Rename the mcpr file, to something.zip. Open it up, and there is a paths.json file in there. It contains the saved paths, in json format. (Unless, you don't have any saved paths ofc)

Thx for answering! And for 2, I think it doesn't conflict with the mechanism. I mean, if we can manually start receiving packets (rather than automatically receive when logged in), we can decided when to start and stop record. Or can we drop received packets until a start-recording button is pressed?

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts

Well... When you join to the server, it will send you, the chunks nearby. So, if you start the recording, let's say... 2 minutes, after login, you can't replay the replay, because there is no actual world.