Replay Mod Forums

More often POV refreshing
    • User
    • 7 forum posts
    User32328

Oct 29 16, 11:28 AM

So, hi everyone who takes the time to read this Thread.

I am a BIG Fan of the Replay Mod and its a really useful tool. I am mainly using the Mod to create 3rd Person views of Fights for Montages and Edits. Recently, I played a little bit with the first Person spectator view. And I did notice some lag, because it looks like the mod sets a few points every second and the camera then glides from point to point. And in a Minecraft PvP scenario, it is really confusing. So I was wondering, whether you could add some form of switch, to change between PvP and normal mode. And the PvP mode updates more often the player movent, espacally when the head moves. The switch is just to make sure, that users that are just creating timelapses are not having extremly large recordings. This feature would really help me out.

Thanks for every answer,

~Allrounded

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Oct 29 16, 12:06 PM

Hey,

actually we're capturing every player's position as often as we receive an update on the position. We're not throwing away any data. It may seem less smooth when spectating a player that's not the one who recorded the replay, as the server does not send new Position data as often. Sorry!

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User32328

Oct 29 16, 08:46 PM | Last edited: Oct 30 16, 12:34 AM

I did notice that the lag was more noticable when I spectated other players, but I did also notice a little bit of lag at my movement .
    So, could you maybe update theses spectator keyframes more often. It would be ideal if you could not really tell the difference between screen captured pov and Replay Mod rendered pov.

Oh, and btw. Thanks for answering ;)