Replay Mod Forums

Modded Compatibility
    • User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 11 16, 10:13 PM | Last edited: Nov 11 16, 10:39 PM

I marked this as a feature request as I'm sure this will be low on your priority list (as it should be)

However, I was testing Replay out with my modded server to see how it fares... Not so well... but I have an error message for you.

I'll sum it up before you look it over... It didn't render chiseled blocks very well :) It crashes the game.

http://pastebin.com/ry4Fruai

---

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it recorded the game play flawlessly it seems. It just broke down when I went to view it :)

EDIT 2: Well I loaded it back up and it didn't crash, but none of the blocks were right... Replay + Modded = nope. Maybe once you make it open source people will go ham making it work right, otherwise I don't expect one person to have to fix all that... hahaha what a mess! :)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 12 16, 07:57 AM

That crash looks like it was caused by Optifine (some of your mods do not support Optifine anyway, e.g. EnderIO).

By "none of the blocks were right", do you mean they were rendered incorrectly (try without Optifine), missing or replaced by different blocks? Comparative screenshots appreciated. Also, are those really all or just a particular kind of blocks?

A great deal of modded stuff should actually work just fine. We just haven't tested it for more than a few minutes.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 15 16, 09:05 PM

http://imgur.com/a/vcNn9

It displays the wrong blocks... but I must say I'm happy beyond reason that it 'should' work with modded! The new version of optifine now runs without error, not sure if that was enderio or Optifine that fixed the situation as both got updated since my post here.

In either case, those screenshots were running with optifine, I'm going to test without it tonight, I'm at work right now, otherwise I'd test it now!

so you know, the mod pack I'm running is the HermitPack 1.10.2 ... in case you want to test things!

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 12:10 AM | Last edited: Nov 16 16, 12:11 AM

Got home, removed optifine, and any other client side mods I had just in case it was one of them causing issues... no luck....

http://imgur.com/a/wDFEz

Didn't crash, but yeah, it's like the blocks aren't recording right, or not playing right... not sure which. Here's the replay file... in case that's useful to you:

familycraftmc.com/modded.mcpr

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Nov 16 16, 12:14 AM

Johni's not available ATM, but he checked the compatibility of the EnderIO Mod and the ReplayMod earlier today, and it worked fine, except for some GUI screens opening (which he already fixed and will be in the next release).

Try removing the mods one by one (especially such mods that alter rendering or graphics) to find out who's the culprit.

Tagging @User10 for the replay file.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 12:16 AM

It renders the world fine when playing the game and recording, it's just the playback that dies.

In order to test the mods one by one I'll have to start a single player world. But hey, you've done a lot of work on this, least I can do is a bit of testing for you :)

I'll have results for ya soon!

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Nov 16 16, 12:23 AM

It'd probably actually be way simpler if you could just show some side-by-side screenshots of what the blocks should look like and what they look like.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 12:36 AM

I tried my best to match the angles.

http://imgur.com/a/iBHx2

Let me know if you want me to go through the mods in single player, I don't mind doing that if you need me to.

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Nov 16 16, 12:43 AM

Johni pretends to be offline, so I'll just paste what he wrote in our IRC chat:

IRC|johni0702: that base certainly contains enderio, has to be some combination of some sorts then. not sure how to efficiently find out though
    IRC|johni0702: I'll probably go ahead at some point and automatically git-bisect-style find the mods that cause it

That means he'll have a look into it.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 12:45 AM

Yeah, that sounds about right. And yes, there's a LOT of enderio going on in all the bases on my server. the ender io conduit is the power wire of choice on the server, ha.

I'll do a little playing around in single player as well, see if I uncover anything.

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Nov 16 16, 12:46 AM

Can you try if it works if you create a new singleplayer world and only add EnderIO blocks, no blocks from other mods?

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 01:15 AM

Enderio does not seem to be the culprit. Though the GUI popped up, but you mentioned that was something y'all knew about already.

http://imgur.com/a/Sw3n1

Without meaning to I also tested random things (nature core) and forestry (bee hives) Both fine.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 01:17 AM

Side note, here's a crash log for ya http://pastebin.com/EPTW3AnF

Happened twice as I was loading up a replay to test this.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 16 16, 02:08 AM

OK I've tried all sorts of stuff as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/a/7jp8c

I can't seem to break it in Single Player... I'm thinking the break down may be in the receiving of the data from the server perhaps?

Tomorrow morning when I have less players on my server I'll boot up a flat server world, and run the same tests there, and I'll let you know the results.

Have a good night!

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User50286

Nov 20 16, 03:12 PM | Last edited: Nov 20 16, 03:13 PM

Hey there,
    it seems like i got the same problem you have, but in singleplayer.
    i'm working on a 360° video of some process for my university and need this mod for the footage. I did some testing at the beginning on what works and what doesn't render correctly, and everything worked without a problem. Then i started building and as i was recording a first testvideo i realized that the blocks all changed in the recording.
    At the moment i'm looking at what mod/item/block causes this. But it also changed old recordings (which i know were ok!)

edit: i'm working with a custompack just for this project - if you need more information i can extract a modlist

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Nov 20 16, 09:45 PM

Okay, in that case I don't think it's related to the packets sent in the Replay, as it affects other replays.

If both @User929 and you could give us a modlist, we could possibly intersect the used mods to find out which combination may have caused it.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User50286

Nov 20 16, 09:54 PM

Spoiler: Modlist

thats the modlist i was using
    i used blocks from rftools, chisel, chisels&bits, immersiveEngineering, and floodlights up to this point.

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Nov 20 16, 09:56 PM

I'm happy that this is such a small modlist. can you send us the replay you were using to trigger the issue?

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User50286

Nov 20 16, 10:09 PM

I uploaded all of my recording of this pack onto dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wwzrem4dbkn0xtm/AACnRbKzfxtFrbaIdZd_zElBa?dl=0
    you should be able to download them from there.

some of the newer ones where to try if special items/blocks/mods crash the replays (but they didn't)
    the ones you can't see anything correctly are, well.. corrupted.
    thanks for looking into this

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User50286

Nov 21 16, 08:55 AM | Last edited: Nov 21 16, 09:51 AM

I think i just found the culprit. I deleted actuallyadditions and the replays of the impossible scenes are working fine now.
    i don't exactly know what was not working (i used the same parts of actually additions in my testworld to doublecheck if it was the problem and there it worked fine.)
    If it helps: i was using the phantomface to get items out of a chest remotely.

edit: ExtraUtil seems to cause the same issues

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Nov 29 16, 07:55 PM

Sorry it has taken so long to respond to this. I was away for Thanksgiving and have finally gotten back to business as usual :)

Here's the mod list:

https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-presents-hermitpack/relations/dependencies

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Dec 03 16, 05:42 PM

@User50286 @User929
    I can't reproduce the bug, neither on SP nor a local server.
    However I think I have found the reason (or at least one of the reasons) for this block switching.
    Could both of you try this version of the mod and check whether it solves the problem. There was an issue with recording, so your old replays will still look wrong and there's no way to fix that but new ones should look fine.

I haven't looked at any of the crashes as I'm fairly certain they are linked to the block swapping bug.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Dec 07 16, 09:33 PM

Glorious days!!! I'm so sorry I didn't see this post until now, but that did the job, everything is recording beautifully!

You, sir. Are my hero! Well done!

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Dec 07 16, 09:35 PM

One thing I noted just now, and I suppose I could add a new bug report for it after some testing, but... it looks like the chat messages aren't being filtered in modded. maybe something to look into.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Dec 07 16, 09:39 PM

Great to hear. I will include that patch in the next version then.

Only messages that originate from the server are filtered.
    If mods manually print messages to the chat (e.g. update notifications) then those are not filtered (and probably shouldn't be?).
    What kind of messages do you get?

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Dec 07 16, 09:41 PM

Chat messages and messages from the various mods that come up when you first log in letting you know you should update

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Dec 07 16, 09:51 PM

Here's a screenshot.

The chat comes up while using the replay viewer, and the messages show up right at the right times when they were sent. Not sure if it shows in the render or not, I'm guessing not.

http://imgur.com/a/AY8A1

Need me to post the recording itself, it should be fairly small?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Here's a screenshot.

The chat comes up while using the replay viewer, and the messages show up right at the right times when they were sent. Not sure if it shows in the render or not, I'm guessing not.

No, thanks. I just tried it and can reproduce it. Will look into it.

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Dec 07 16, 10:02 PM

Alright, glad I caught the error :)

I feel bad, I'm nothing more than a bug machine it seems. I keep finding more and more for you guys to have to sort out!

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

in response to User929

Dec 08 16, 11:01 AM

Alright, glad I caught the error :)

I feel bad, I'm nothing more than a bug machine it seems. I keep finding more and more for you guys to have to sort out!

That's the point of beta versions, and we're glad to have testers like you who actually write useful bug reports!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

in response to User929

Dec 09 16, 12:28 AM | Last edited: Dec 09 16, 12:29 AM

Here's a screenshot.

No, thanks. I just tried it and can reproduce it. Will look into it.

Actually. I'll take that back.
    I just forgot to disable chat in the ReplayMod Settings:

Toggling this to OFF stopped any regular chat messages from showing up (mod update notices still did but that's intentional).

• User
    • 60 forum posts
    User929

Dec 09 16, 02:38 AM

Hahahahaha. Facepalm!

• User
    • 90 forum posts
    User30127

Dec 09 16, 06:24 AM

Oh, Fancy seeing you here FamilyCraftDad! :) I love how you use the Replay Mod on Mumbo`s Server. Your series is different compared to others because of one of those Reasons. :D