Replay Mod Forums

Java(TM) platform se binary crash when rendering.
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User54419

Jan 17 17, 06:24 AM | Last edited: Jan 17 17, 06:25 AM

Just found this mod today, and it's a shame it's giving me such problems. I'd love to experiment with it to make youtube videos.

Even downloaded ffmpeg.

But every time I try to render, it tells me Java(TM) platform se binary has stopped working.
    I thought it was the shader packs, but I run them just fine.

I used two different shaders, and got two different results with the crash log.

Spoiler: Crash Log

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jan 17 17, 07:41 AM

Are you sure your graphics card can handle rendering at 15360x8640? That seems quite high.
    If that resolution is way higher than the one you entered, keep in mind that the "x8" in the Anti-Aliasing setting means that it will render at 8 times the width and 8 times the height you entered, try lowering that setting.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User52255

Jan 17 17, 04:51 PM | Last edited: Jan 17 17, 04:52 PM

I also have a crash like that but I have no idea why it occurs. Already tried a few different things to fix it but it does not work PLS Help. ^^

Spoiler: Crash Log

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Jan 17 17, 04:52 PM

Does uninstalling optifine fix it (i.e. can you render with only the ReplayMod installed)?

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User52255

in response to User1

Jan 17 17, 04:58 PM | Last edited: Jan 17 17, 05:00 PM

Nope, crashes at the exact same spot. I hit render and it crashes or better said Minecraft gets stuck and doesn't react anymore. ;)

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Are you sure your graphics card can handle rendering at 15360x8640? That seems quite high.
    If that resolution is way higher than the one you entered, keep in mind that the "x8" in the Anti-Aliasing setting means that it will render at 8 times the width and 8 times the height you entered, try lowering that setting.

Oh! I thought Anti-Aliasing was a way to smooth jagged lines, the further away you get from it!
    I'll try turning it down.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Does uninstalling optifine fix it (i.e. can you render with only the ReplayMod installed)?

If the first tip doesn't work, I guess I have no choice but to try that, but shaders would really help with the cinematic feel of things.

Thank you for the tip :]

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts

Oh! I thought Anti-Aliasing was a way to smooth jagged lines, the further away you get from it!
    I'll try turning it down.

That's what it does, by rendering at a higher resolution to get more detail and then scaling the video down.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User52255

Jan 18 17, 06:48 PM

@User1 Have you seen something in my crashlog? THX :)

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts

It doesn't seem like that it contains the actual crash report. @User52255

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User52255

in response to User13

Jan 18 17, 09:38 PM | Last edited: Jan 18 17, 09:38 PM

It doesn't...? How should it look like. ^^