Replay Mod Forums

Toggable rendering for semi-invisible entities
    • User
    • 46 forum posts
    User23429

Jan 29 17, 12:08 PM

When a player or entity is invisible but on your same scoreboard team it will appear semi-transparent

This is used by many anti-cheat plugins, those plugins will spawn ghost players behind the player FOV to monitor the behavior of the player
    The problem is that those players are recorded by the ReplayMod and show up in the replay

Note that you can't disable the visibility of those players or entities in the Player Overview screen because the ghost players are duplicates of other normal players, meaning they have the same name (and possibly the same UUID?)
    Toggling off the ghost player will toggle off the regular player too

This video demonstrates the issue

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Jan 29 17, 12:10 PM

You can disable the rendering of invisible entities in the ReplayMod settings.

• User
    • 46 forum posts

You can disable the rendering of invisible entities in the ReplayMod settings.

Not in 2.0.0 right?
    I remember this was a feature in the old version of the mod but i can't find that setting in 2.0.0 b5

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Jan 29 17, 12:30 PM

I blame @User10 for not re-adding it, then

• User
    • 46 forum posts
    User23429

Jan 29 17, 12:37 PM | Last edited: Mar 19 17, 12:42 PM

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Jan 29 17, 01:30 PM

Turns out invisible entities aren't being rendered anymore by default, but that doesn't affect invisible players in your team, because rendering them is intended behaviour.

• User
    • 46 forum posts

Turns out invisible entities aren't being rendered anymore by default, but that doesn't affect invisible players in your team, because rendering them is intended behaviour.

So having those ghosts in the video is intended behavior?

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Jan 29 17, 01:32 PM

Yes it is, as they are entities of your team.

• User
    • 46 forum posts
    User23429

in response to User1

Jan 29 17, 01:33 PM | Last edited: Jan 29 17, 05:26 PM

Is it possible to implement the setting to make them fully invisible/not rendering them?

• User
    • 46 forum posts

I understand this is not a bug, but it'd be nice if you could toggle the rendering of those invisible entities as it can sometimes be a distraction in the video, i know that some servers might use this to make ghosts, but it's clearly not part of the regular gameplay in my video example

• User
    • 46 forum posts
    User23429

Mar 19 17, 12:41 PM

BUMP?