Replay Mod Forums

Debris cleanup
    • User
    • 11 forum posts
    User60464

Apr 18 17, 04:05 PM

When I'm trying to record from an 8-hour session, obviously it takes a while to move forward in time to the part I'm trying to highlight. I've noticed that by the time it reaches there, all of the debris for every block broken in that process is still there, floating. This makes sense, but boy does it cripple my PC to the point where it's nearly impossible to set up a camera path.

But, If I push ahead, set up a small camera path, then try to preview that path, it loads it all again from scratch, but this time removes the debris and performance is like normal again. So, I know it's possible to remove the debris. Is there any way you could add the same functionality from your camera preview to the top slider? Ie, so I could essentially load the preview, click ahead to my starting point, wait the 10 minutes while it runs the script, but have it clear all that CPU-crippling debris?

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts
    User13

Apr 21 17, 08:51 PM

I guess you could disable all the Particles. i'm not sure if that would fix it or not but I think you should give it a try.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User60464

May 23 17, 10:27 PM

I forgot I had posted this. I solved the issue. You don't need to run a camera path, just hit the play button on the game session for a few seconds and it'll clear itself.