Replay Mod Forums

Will not let me load replay recorded on new server
    • User
    • 11 forum posts
    User51213

Jul 04 17, 05:08 PM | Last edited: Jul 04 17, 05:09 PM

Currently Conquest Reforged Official is undergoing an upgrade of servers. On the previous servers and other servers, my version of the replay mod works just fine and without any problems and does not conflict with my extra mods/configuration. However specifically on this new server, I am unable to load any of the replays recorded on it and results in a crash (with no official crash report). I do have various client side mods installed, but none of them affect the mod, as nothing has changed on my client side from when the mod worked. And I have recently recorded replays on other servers without troubles. All this to say, does anyone knowledgeable have experiance why a server would conflict with the mod that it causes replays to not be accessable? Is there anything that the server owners can look into that could fix this issue?

Here is an unofficial Crash Report I copied from the text log, as there was nothing generated in the "crash report" folder.

I do have a "special" version of the replay mod Crushed Pixel troubleshooted for me a few months back that works with my configuration, I just hope that we can troubleshoot one step further and find out what is wrong between my client and this new server.

And lastly, here is one of the Replays you can use to help solve the issue.

Thank-you in advance for your time.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 04 17, 07:00 PM

That error looks like it is caused by a missing mod or one with a different version during recording. But it might also be one that doesn't register its dimensions properly (does the conquest mod add new dimensions?) or possibly something else entirely.

Please try to remove as many mods as possible (also mods that appear to be client-side-only) and once you find a minimal configuration of mods that still allows you to connect to the server but also produces broken replays (you might end up with just the conquest mod itself), please list all of them including their versions. Please also include your Forge version.

If you can get me white-listed on that server, I'll try and see whether I can reproduce it myself. If I can, we should be able to fix it (or at least find out which mod is at fault).

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User51213

Jul 16 17, 12:27 AM

Again, I want to clearly state that anywhere else, the version of the replay mod I use works perfectly fine with all the mods I use. It's just replays on this specific server that bug out for me. In any case, a freak accident occured where one day I tried again and they worked, as if the replays were unlocked. Then like the lazy bum I am, decided to not edit them and save them for another time. Well today I get back on to edit them, and like before, I'm back to square one crashing.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User51213

Jul 16 17, 03:13 PM | Last edited: Jul 16 17, 03:32 PM

And again, today they randomly worked again, so I went to change my version of the Conquest Reforged mod so I could edit older replays recorded using a earlier version of the mod, then I load back up, and crashing again.

I don't know if this will lead to any conclusions, but it's one of the closest things I can come to in terms of a crash report

[url=]http://imgur.com/tZXybY6[/url]

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts

That error looks like it is caused by a missing mod or one with a different version during recording. But it might also be one that doesn't register its dimensions properly (does the conquest mod add new dimensions?) or possibly something else entirely.

Please try to remove as many mods as possible (also mods that appear to be client-side-only) and once you find a minimal configuration of mods that still allows you to connect to the server but also produces broken replays (you might end up with just the conquest mod itself), please list all of them including their versions. Please also include your Forge version.

If you can get me white-listed on that server, I'll try and see whether I can reproduce it myself. If I can, we should be able to fix it (or at least find out which mod is at fault).

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User51213

Jul 16 17, 06:18 PM

Minimal configuration yields same seemingly randomized results. After some testing though, I have figured out that as long as I first join the server, go to the world I recorded the replays were recorded on, and open a replay, the replays will open. However if I close my client, re-launch and go straight back to the replays, it crashes. The current main issue, is that I can not join the server using the earlier version of the conquest mod. Due to this, when I close my client, and put in the older version of the conquest mod and relaunch, the replays crash again. However when the server was on the same version of the conquest mod before updating, I had the same results as I do now, leading to the assumption that these crashes are not due to the conquest mod.

And again, I want to be abundantly clear, that the replay mod works perfectly anywhere else.

I have the server owner trying to re-create the issue on his client and we can't seem to make it happen for him. Even with exactly his mod file configuration, I still yield the same crashing results. I believe it has been narrowed down to something between my client and that server. For now on, I'm just going to record on singleplayer and scrap all prior replays. In any case, thank-you for the mod.