Replay Mod Forums

ffmpeg
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User73080

Jul 24 17, 06:17 PM

So I downloaded replay and ffmpeg following the instructions word for word, (I thought), but when i tried to render a clip it just said that ffmpeg could not be found. Furthermore, after exiting Minecraft, I logged in again to find that my player data had been reset. My inventory and enderchest, gone. What did I do wrong?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 24 17, 06:24 PM

Minecraft version? ReplayMod version? Forge version? Operating System? Which instructions have you followed?

The loss of player data is almost certainly not related to the ReplayMod.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Playing in 1.12, Replay 1.12-2.0.0 Forge version 14.21.1.2415 and I have windows 10. I followed the directions on this page in the help tab.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 24 17, 07:27 PM

So, to confirm, you do now have an "ffmpeg.exe" file inside a "bin" folder inside an "ffmpeg" folder inside your ".minecraft" folder?

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User73080

in response to User10

Jul 24 17, 07:37 PM | Last edited: Jul 24 17, 07:38 PM

Yes. Could it be that it doesn't work with the Twitch launcher and only with the vanilla launcher?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 24 17, 07:49 PM

That's very much a possibility. The twitch launcher isn't available on Linux so I can't test it. I'm using MultiMC which moves the .minecraft folder to a different location (so you can have multiple instances) and the twitch launcher might do the same thing.
    Try clicking the "Open Replay Folder.." button in the Replay Viewer GUI screen, it should take you to a folder inside the correct .minecraft folder.

Could you also post the contents of the fml-client-latest.log file inside the log folder inside your .minecraft folder (wherever it might be) to some pastebin site and link to the post here.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

It's fine. At this point I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I thought it would be cool to have but I don't need it that badly. I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the help!