Replay Mod Forums

Video freeze
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User74180

Jul 24 17, 07:35 PM

After 2 hours of rendering, the video just freezes. Nothing happens, it's just an image of 30 minuts long.
    Help me please!

Kind regards,
    -YaDasLenny

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 24 17, 07:41 PM

Is it frozen in the path preview (play button in second row) as well? How about the render preview (checkbox during rendering)? What does your path look like?

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User74180

Jul 24 17, 08:02 PM

Well i tried to record a speeedbuild the "camera" must stay on the same place, while i was building. So i set the position keyframe & the time keyframe at the same place, i did at the beginning from the timeline and the end of the timeline.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 24 17, 08:09 PM

If neither the camera, nor the time are changing, then ofc it'll look like it's frozen (because it is).
    Try the following:

You can keep your Position keyframes, a camera that's not moving is ok.
    Now, remove both of your time keyframes.
    Travel to the time at which you start building. That is, where you want your video to start.
    Then place your first time keyframe (at 0:00 on the lower timeline) while at that time in the replay.
    Now travel in time to the point at which you're doing recording and place your second time keyframe (at 3:00 on the lower timeline, or however long you want your video to be).
    Finally, render your video. You might want to make a test render with minimal settings (10fps, 300x200 res, potato quality) first to avoid wasting another two hours.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User74180

Jul 24 17, 08:42 PM

Thanks it worked! :)