Replay Mod Forums

1.8 Replay Mod Help
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User67758

Nov 08 17, 03:26 AM | Last edited: Nov 08 17, 03:41 AM

So I downloaded the 1.8.0 Replay Mod because I like 1.8 better than 1.11.2 and I made a little video. Unfortunately, when I tried to view my replay it wouldn't work. I couldn't move when the replay was paused, like flying or wasd, and I couldn't place position keyframe. Where the position keyframe button should be there was a blue button that said "Spectator Keyframe", and when I pressed that button, my game crashed. I tried using an older version of the mod in case the most recent was bugged, but when I tried to view a replay with that one it crashed. Also, when I put the replay into slow motion, my camera also moved in slow motion. Lastly, the rotate camera buttons didn't work even though they were available.
    Edit: Also, when I move backward in the top timeline it moves my camera dude to the place where he started at when I press e an inventory pops up (not important), and I cannot enter into players/mobs first person view.
    Edit #2: These features all worked in the 1.11.2 version, but I want to use 1.8, and I cannot view 1.8 recordings in 1.11.2.
    Edit #3: Sorry for all of the edits, but I am using 2.0.1 version 1.8 replay mod.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 10 17, 09:53 AM

Sounds like you're using BetterSprinting 1.x.y (2.0.0 no longer has that problem) which messes with the player entity and thereby breaks the ReplayMod camera. There should be a workaround for that in the next ReplayMod version. Until then, you'll have to remove BetterSprinting before opening any replays.

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User67758

Nov 11 17, 04:53 AM

Yes, I am using the Better Sprinting mod! Thanks! I will test it out tomorrow!