Replay Mod Forums

Rendering Glitch (BAD)
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User100849

Nov 22 17, 02:45 PM | Last edited: Nov 22 17, 02:46 PM

Whenever i render a video no matter what settings (ive tried over 20 combinations), the leaves have no shadows and look insanely bad. It is NOT because of the shaders, and it looks amazing in game but once rendered looks really bad. Even when the rendering is set to max settings. Look: https://youtu.be/iz-ufHnOBoQ?t=1m39s-It looks insanely terrible and makes my builds look really bad. That was one of my worst videos because of that. Ive updated replay mod and it still isnt fixed. Help is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User100849

Nov 22 17, 03:21 PM

Ive gone through and messed around with the bitrate which didnt fix it. Ive tried a couple things in the command line, but i dont know what is making Replay Mod kill the distant foliage rendering. I cant save my camera path so ive wasted like 4 hours trying to fix this.

• User
    • 62 forum posts
    User81476

Nov 24 17, 01:16 PM

It's almost like the rendering engine or texture pack has set the leaves to transparent...

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 24 17, 04:24 PM

It does indeed look like something's made the leaves almost completely transparent.
    I don't know what you mean by the leaves having no shadows. Their shadows are clearly visible in the video. In fact, far too clear for how transparent the leaves are.

Does that happen with all shaders?
    If tinkering with the settings doesn't change anything, the only way to fix it will be if one of us is able to reproduce it, so please state all the things we need to know to be able to reproduce it. If it doesn't happen with all shaders, try to find one that's close to what you're using, we might be able to spot some significant difference between the two then.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User100849

Dec 02 17, 07:36 AM

I found a sort of working fix. I made the leaves solid (fast) and used the extra foliage mod to make them look more realistic. But i had no texturepacks on, and all my shaderpacks had done this. (Chocapic13, Sues, sildurs, kuda). So i have no idea what it is. Ill reinstall my shaders and the mod and mess with all the settings and update you after this. Thanks for fast response :)

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User100849

Dec 02 17, 07:39 AM

also by no shadows, this is what i meant. -The texture and model shows the leaves with darker sections, to show leave shape. This is what i meant since the render only rendered what seemed the brightly colored pixels of the leaf. Sorry for confusion!