Replay Mod Forums

LabyMod 3 interferes with ReplayMod
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User73687

Nov 25 17, 10:27 PM | Last edited: Nov 30 17, 09:11 PM

As of today, LabyMod 3 is compatible with Forge, but has the option to install without Forge,
    Even with the Forge compatibility, It's not compatible with Replay Mod.

LabyMod interferes with the bottom left corner where usually I feel like Replay Mod should show up.
    the Replay Center or any other Replay Mod related menu buttons don't appear in the Main Menu.
    The only thing that works so far is the settings and how it said that it's recording a replay, But the problem is that you can't see any indicator besides in the chat.

Forge Version: 11.15.1.1855
    MC Version: 1.8.9

The only way to work around the menu button is make a custom main menu, but this might be hard to novice users. Except the recording indicator.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 30 17, 11:07 PM

There seems to be no source code available for the laby mod which makes debugging conflicts with it a non-trivial task.

What the ReplayMod does to get into the Main Menu is, while not generally encouraged (otherwise the Main Menu will be full in no time), rather standard practice when it comes to changing vanilla GUIs. Whatever labymod's doing, will probably also cause issues with other mods and is afaict in no way the fault of the ReplayMod, so I'd suggest you bring this up to them instead.

When you do, make sure to mention this link to the piece of code that they're breaking, it'll probably be of use to them: https://github.com/ReplayMod/ReplayMod/blob/f36ebf1d0a31fd2591291284dfd35fd7b81e0cce/src/main/java/com/replaymod/replay/handler/GuiHandler.java#L99-L111

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User73687

Dec 05 17, 01:19 AM

Haven't gotten any reply from 5-6 days. If you want, You might be able to contact them through their Discord.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Dec 08 17, 01:25 PM

Considering you've already mentioned it three times and there have even been two other people that have mentioned it way back on the 26th, I guess they either don't care or are too busy with other stuff. Either way we'll have no choice but to wait and perpetually remind them.

• User
    • 3 forum posts

Is it posible for only recording with labymod (not load the records)? There are server where only vanilla and labymod are enabled. If yes it would be very helpful to release a version for labymod but only with recording.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Last time I check LabyMod was proprietary software. As such, we cannot (i.e. are unable to) support it, nor can we "release a version for labymod".
    If LabyMod is giving you any problems with the ReplayMod, you'll have to complain to the LabyMod people about it (and people have already tried that multiple times).
    The original issue in this thread seems rather simple and if they haven't fixed it by now that probably means that they just don't care about fixing it.

• User
    • 3 forum posts

Ok thx for that information and sorry for my bad english. I am from germany.