Replay Mod Forums

ODS Rendering + Shaders bug
    • User
    • 5 forum posts
    User78068

Dec 03 17, 05:21 AM | Last edited: Dec 03 17, 05:24 AM

Normal 2D 360 with Equirectangular Rendering + Shaders renders fine, as well and normal rendering + Shaders look fine. ODS Rendering WITHOUT Shaders render normal. But when I turn on Shaders for ODS Rendering, the end result is kinda strange.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like a replicated image on 6 sides of a cube. And the replicated image looks like what the camera was pointing at.
    So it's like the camera was pointing at this forest, then decided to glitch out and render just that instead of a 360 image or something.

Here's a short 17 second video I rendered and just uploaded it to youtube. it's 2048x2048 with 2xAA 30fps (or 25 I forgot)
    The Shaders I was using was Continuum 1.3 + Realistico resource pack. (I've also tried SEUS Shaders, but I still got the same bug)
    I'm using the latest version with 1.12.2 with Forge and Optifine.

direct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrHNFuseCA&feature=youtu.be video players being fussy here

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User78068

Dec 03 17, 05:27 AM

Also i'm curious, is this an actual bug, or did I mess something up on my side to make this glitch happen?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Dec 03 17, 10:58 AM

Shaders aren't supported during ODS rendering because it makes use of a shader itself, so running a normal shader at the same time would require both of them to be merged.
    For very simple shaders it may be possible to merge them automatically. However there are basically no shaders that are that simple (e.g. waving leaves, grass or water are already sufficient for a shader to not be simple), so we didn't even bother trying to implement that.
    In general it is impossible to automate the merging, so the shader developer would have to specifically support ODS rendering with their shader.