Replay Mod Forums

recording a certain part of a replay
    • User
    • 1 forum post
    User103760

Feb 16 18, 12:53 AM

Hello everyone!
    I have a replay recording at a certain time later in the video. However, the actual video I want to render is ~12 seconds (the full replay is 6 minutes) and I only need that part of the replay to be rendered.

When I try to render it, however, it renders the ENTIRE first part of the replay, freezing the video until it reaches the part where I have the camera paths and then it plays.
    I am kind of confused by how I can fix this since I am new to this.

Thanks,
    Exean1

TL;DR: How do I render a specific section of a replay clip instead of the whole thing?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Feb 18 18, 09:28 PM

The bottom timeline shows the time in the actual video.
    Say, for example, you place a position keyframe on the bottom timeline at 00:00, then in your video at 00:00 (at the start of your video) the camera position will match with the one you had when you set the keyframe.
    Similarly, when you place a time keyframe on the bottom timeline, the current time inside the replay will be stored in that keyframe.
    So when, for example, the current time in your replay is 4:20 and you place a time keyframe in the bottom timeline at 00:00, then your video will start with the first 4m20s of the replay skipped.