Replay Mod Forums

Replay viewer keeps turning the world invisible.
    • User
    • 3 forum posts
    User122005

Mar 17 18, 09:55 PM

Okay so I have 1.12.2 and i have the latest version of everything. I have forge, i have optifine, and i also have shaders on to make youtube videos. Alright so when i use replay and i go to the viewer ill be doing stuff just fine and everything is normal and then out of no where everything in the world goes invisible i cant tell if im moving or not because all i see is the skybox. I have no idea whats triggering it if its my fault. But its very annoying because you cant predict it, it just happens randomly. It makes it impossible to create a cinematic. Please help quickly if anyone has an idea.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 18 18, 08:46 AM

I think I might have an idea of what causes this.
    Which camera setting have you been using? (default is Classic; if you can move down just by looking there and pressing W, you're using Classic; if you can only move down by pressing shift, you're using Vanilla-ish)
    Try using the other one for a while. Please report back once it happened with the other one or if it hasn't happened for a significant amount of time.

If switching to the other camera setting doesn't solve it, you might be able to temporarily mitigate the issue and get the world back by pressing B and clicking any player to spectate them. That'll still be annoying but should at least allow you to get your stuff done.

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User122005

Mar 18 18, 04:23 PM

Thank you for the quick response but i changed my camera to vanilla-ish and it was good for quiet a while however it still happens not as frequently but still everything goes blank besides the sky box. I tried spectating my character and it was pretty bugged out because it thought i was playing and i could move my arms but everything was invisible. So basically it still persists.

• User
    • 3 forum posts

I think I might have an idea of what causes this.
    Which camera setting have you been using? (default is Classic; if you can move down just by looking there and pressing W, you're using Classic; if you can only move down by pressing shift, you're using Vanilla-ish)
    Try using the other one for a while. Please report back once it happened with the other one or if it hasn't happened for a significant amount of time.

If switching to the other camera setting doesn't solve it, you might be able to temporarily mitigate the issue and get the world back by pressing B and clicking any player to spectate them. That'll still be annoying but should at least allow you to get your stuff done.
    Can i get some help please id like to get this working

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 21 18, 09:16 AM

Well, my first idea of what might cause this would have required the switching of camera controller to fix it. So now I'm clueless.
    I was able to reproduce it once after random movement for about 10 minutes but none of the debuggung checks I added that time gave me any hints as to why the position is suddenly NaN.
    I wasn't able to reproduce it a second time and gave up after 20 minutes of movement. If you have some way to reliably reproduce it, that'll allow me to fix it.
    If you notice any other things that strongly correlate with the triggering of the issue, that might also help even if I can't reliably reproduce it. Though tbh at this point I can't even imagine what causes it.
    If you've got neither of the above, I'll create a special RM version for you to use which will produce (hopefully sufficient) debugging information to get some lead on the root of the issue.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 22 18, 01:13 PM

Here's the debug version: https://i.johni0702.de/replaymod-1.12.2-f2097.jar
    Be warned though, it'll print debug info and then hard exit the moment your X position becomes NaN, so no paths (or anything else) will be saved.

• User
    • 2 forum posts

Well, my first idea of what might cause this would have required the switching of camera controller to fix it. So now I'm clueless.
    I was able to reproduce it once after random movement for about 10 minutes but none of the debuggung checks I added that time gave me any hints as to why the position is suddenly NaN.
    I wasn't able to reproduce it a second time and gave up after 20 minutes of movement. If you have some way to reliably reproduce it, that'll allow me to fix it.
    If you notice any other things that strongly correlate with the triggering of the issue, that might also help even if I can't reliably reproduce it. Though tbh at this point I can't even imagine what causes it.
    If you've got neither of the above, I'll create a special RM version for you to use which will produce (hopefully sufficient) debugging information to get some lead on the root of the issue.
    Johni0702, I have been having a similar issue with my replays also on 1.12.2 I'm using the conquest reforged mod (launcher version) which can be downloaded here: http://conquestreforged.com/downloads I have found this to reliably produce this issue with every replay (you will have to manually change the optifine version back to C9 however). It generally occurs a few minutes into the replay.

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User98003

May 29 18, 05:33 AM

Update: changing the camera to vanilla-ish appears to have fixed the issue, I'll continue to look into it.