Replay Mod Forums

Crash when loading replay 1.12.2
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User123124

Mar 25 18, 04:57 AM | Last edited: Mar 25 18, 05:37 AM

I am a new Replay Mod user and just installed Replay Mod v1.12.2-2.1.2 with Forge 1.12.2-14.23.2.2611. I am also using Optifine 1.12.2 HD U D1.
    The mod loads and shows up as well as initiates a recording when world is loaded, all looks fine until I try to load a replay. I will often just begin to see the timeline interface and skybox but the game crashes before any terrain is loaded every time.

I am using Conquest 1.12.2 texture pack and Sildurs Vibrant Shaders 1.13 High, but have tried opening recordings made both with and without the texture pack and shaders with the same result.

Log - https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Sjst4btSDj/

I have looked at other threads on this board with similar problems and each time the solution was to use the latest version of the mod. I just downloaded and installed within the hour of posting this and 1.12.2-2.1.2 is the latest shown on the downloads page. As there is currently no recommended Forge version listed for 1.12 in the help section I used the version recommended on the Forge website for 1.12. Any assistance is appreciated.

I am also noticing a message whenever the game starts saying *filename* (the last replay saved) was not saved properly and asking if I wish to recover. So perhaps the issue is the files being somehow corrupt or incomplete upon saving?

Thanks!
    Bear

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 25 18, 09:36 AM

Hm.. the methods mentioned in that crash report do not exist in vanilla, so they've probably been added by optifine. The last version of Optifine I've used the RM with was C9. Try downgrading to that version.

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User123124

Mar 26 18, 03:36 AM

I switched to a previous verion of Optifine as suggested and that seems to have solved the crash issue, thank you!

Now I need to solve the performance issue so I can use the mod! I don't think Replay Mod is the culprit for sure as I seem to have similar issues in a different profile without Forge or Replay Mod. It has only been a recent development so I am trying to figure out if perhaps it is the 1.12 version of Minecraft or the resource pack I am using.

Thanks again!
    Bear

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User48421

Apr 02 18, 07:35 PM

I had the same issue and this solved it! Thank you!