Replay Mod Forums

Skin Outer Layer & Shader Issues
    • User
    • 1 forum post
    User128074

Jul 08 18, 12:54 AM

Hello, I recently recorded a show using the Replay Mod. The show lasted for several days and so every once and a while I would leave the server and join back to break my recordings up, creating several recordings ranging from 20 minutes to 5+ hours (it was very random xP). I'm just now going back to watch the footage, but I noticed two major issues.

1. In recordings longer than around 30 minutes, everyone else's skins show up just fine, with both layers. My player's skin, however, only has the bottom layer - no hat layers. What is this issue and can it be fixed?

2. I recorded the show using a shader pack called "BSL Low v36". Obviously shader packs are interchangeable... but I also recorded my screen to get my perspective, and I would rather have my footage use the same shaders as to keep flow. However, whenever I render out any footage, the rendered video acts like there are no walls/roofs, and it's very bright and there are shadows everywhere - basically what it would look like outdoors with the shaders, with the sun shining down. This is a major issue, as most of the show is recorded inside, and it looks quite odd. Is this a problem with the mod or the shaders, and again, can it be fixed?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

• User
    • 62 forum posts
    User81476

Jul 08 18, 07:39 AM

If you can post some screen captures someone may have some ideas.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 08 18, 12:56 PM

The skin issue sounds like it may very well be a bug. Due to the nature of the Minecraft protocol, we need to special case the recording player. My own skin only has one layer, so I never would have noticed the outer one missing. I've created a ticket for it. I don't have the spare time to work on the RM atm, so don't expect any quick fixes. This also looks like an issue with recording, so any fixes would probably not affect replays which have been recorded with an older version.

I'm not familiar with shader internals to the point where I would have any clue what could cause such behavior. Try asking on the Optifine issue tracker, sp614x is much more familiar with them and might be able to tell you/us what's wrong and what we need to change in order to fix it.