Replay Mod Forums

Rendered MP4 is Unwatchable
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User136412

Jul 11 18, 02:13 AM | Last edited: Jul 11 18, 02:16 AM

I'm posting in Help rather than Bug Reports as I am not sure this is a bug, but am pretty sure I'm just doing something very wrong, but I cannot seem to get Replay Mod to work with shaders. It doesn't crash, but the rendered video is garbage. RM works great if I just stick with regular vanilla/texture pack mods, but as soon as I add shaders, it produces garbage.

Minecraft 1.12-2
    replaymod-1.12.2-2.1.3

Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    Java 1.8.0_171
    Other Mods: Faithful 1.12-rv3
    Optifine 1.12.2
    Forge 14.23.4.2705

I've tried this with a variety of shaderpacks, and they all produce similar results. Specifically:
    Chocapic13 V6 Medium
    Continuum 91.3 Low Ultra
    SEUS v11
    Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.163 High
    TME Shaders v1.2 Medium LF

The first video includes a screencast of what I'm expecting to see in the rendered footage (and includes the Render settings at the end). The 2nd video is what actually gets rendered.

Please let me know if there is additional PC specs I can give that will help you troubleshoot this.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 18 18, 02:59 PM

Sorry, no idea what's wrong here. Considering it seems to be working fine during preview, we've probably broken something during rendering (we skip a few things to save on time and change a few things to ensure that all chunks are loaded before rendering frames).
    Make sure you've got the latest Optifine version and then try asking on the Optifine issue tracker if they've got some clue as to what we're missing (or if there's actually some other reason for it being broken).

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Hey Johni,

Thanks for taking a look. I was hoping it was something obvious that I was doing wrong. Oh well. I'll try again once Forge, Optifine, and you fine gentlemen have a chance to update for 1.13. I'll try on another computer, too. Maybe it's something in my hardware that's causing issues.

Thanks again!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 19 18, 05:33 PM

Try using Optifine version D3. I just tried the latest one (E1) and it seems to be having issues.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Try using Optifine version D3. I just tried the latest one (E1) and it seems to be having issues.

You, sir, are a genius!

I had practically given up on this working, and started looking forward to 1.13 releases. But on a whim I checked back here and saw that others had started seeing this issue and saw that you had already found the problem. I'm very happy about that, and while I've migrated to 1.13, I still have a 1.12 that I'm continuing to goof around in.

Thank you for this phenomenal product, and your awesome support!