Replay Mod Forums

Replaymod as a Data Pack?
    • User
    • 7 forum posts
    User79299

Oct 31 18, 02:32 PM | Last edited: Oct 31 18, 02:37 PM

Hey, I was wondering if it could possibly be possible to do a "lite" version of the Replaymod through Data Packs?

I was just thinking, since it would seem like forge isn't really going anywhere according to:
    https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/5162

Not blaming anyone, I wouldn't want to take that stuff on, nuuuuupe, just saying, it seems like 1.13 modding's something we should try and find an alternative to, for now at least.

So that's why I'm wondering if there's a chance of using Data Packs.

The Replaymod, to me at least, is essential (though, I haven't played since 1.12, so I had no idea that forge 1.13 hasn't been released yet).

• Beta Tester
    • 357 forum posts
    User13

Nov 01 18, 05:56 PM

While some features of the Replay Mod can be replicated using datapacks, they aren't enough for the "Replay Mod experience".

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User79299

Nov 04 18, 01:33 AM | Last edited: Nov 04 18, 01:46 AM

Well, something is better than nothing really, as long as it's functional.

So, if I could have a say in it, I'd say go for the Data pack, for now at least.

If nothing else, to see what other people thinks at least.

You know, people will probably have some oversight, since there's no other alternatives right now... at all... or well, there's the cam plugin for servers... but that's for servers...

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 05 18, 08:16 PM

this combined with [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n692swjsFRY]this[/url] is probably about as much ReplayMod as you can make with data packs.
    Also, don't worry too much about the progress on that one issue. Cleaning up the patches is only one step in the overall update process and not every checkbox in that list takes the exact same amount of work. It's probably still going to take a while though.

• User
    • 7 forum posts
    User79299

Nov 08 18, 03:05 AM

I mean, you're skilled johni, so you'll be able to figure something out, if you were to take a crack at it, again, it's better than nothing, and we can just look forward to the real release :D Whatever you decide to do, just know that, to me, ReplayMod's essential, even though it might not be the full experience, I'll take what I can get :D