Replay Mod Forums

Recovery from a importent recording
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User55056

Nov 03 18, 07:19 PM

I deleted by accident my recover but i got still the .del recording is it possible to recover it to a normal recording

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 03 18, 07:34 PM

0. Create a backup somewhere outside the replay_recordings folder
    1. Rename the folder from "something.del" to "something.tmp"
    2. Start Minecraft and the Replay Recovery GUI should once again pop up

• User
    • 4 forum posts

0. Create a backup somewhere outside the replay_recordings folder
    1. Rename the folder from "something.del" to "something.tmp"
    2. Start Minecraft and the Replay Recovery GUI should once again pop up

Can u show me thru discord because i really cannot fuck this up

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 03 18, 07:59 PM

No, that's what step 0 is for. Just make a backup somewhere else and you get as many tries as you need.
    Also note that any file with a ".del" suffix inside the replay_recordings folder will be deleted after two days, which is why you should make your backup somewhere else.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

No, that's what step 0 is for. Just make a backup somewhere else and you get as many tries as you need.
    Also note that any file with a ".del" suffix inside the replay_recordings folder will be deleted after two days, which is why you should make your backup somewhere else.

Everytime i try this the window recover "someting" pops up and when i click recover it immidiatly goes away i made a recording so you can see what i mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFGMaR0joc&feature=youtu.be

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Nov 05 18, 08:03 PM

Sorry but it looks like your broken replay is missing the `changed/recording.tmcpr` file, which stores all of the actual replay data, and as such is irreversibly broken.