Replay Mod Forums

Game Breaking Bug
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User150224

Dec 13 18, 04:39 AM | Last edited: Dec 13 18, 04:43 AM

I created an account solely for the purpose of alerting the developers, or anyone who can get in touch with them, of this game breaking bug. I fear other players may exploit it, and word gets out about how to do it, and the mod will be banned from many servers. I am certain this only happens in Replay Mod.

Basically, I'm in the replay editor on a server, but not viewing a replay. It's a live play of the server.

What you can do: Everything you can do in the replay editor, interact with clickable entities at any range, possibly even your avatar is invisible to other players. not too sure.
    What you can't do: Everything you can't do in the replay editor

Video: https://youtu.be/MSbMrEB993U
    I'll explain to the first staff member that replies on here on how to reproduce this bug. I don't want this knowledge falling into the wrong hands.

Note: v1.12.2 of MC

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Dec 13 18, 11:42 AM

I don't think this needs to be kept confidential. If anyone intends to cheat, they can just install a mod which was made for that purpose instead of using a bug in one which was not.

• User
    • 2 forum posts

I don't think this needs to be kept confidential. If anyone intends to cheat, they can just install a mod which was made for that purpose instead of using a bug in one which was not.
    Alright then.
    1. To reproduce this, you need to be on a multiplayer server, and be booted to the server list screen for "server restarting." or something similar.
    2. View that game in the replay editor, and skip to the end
    3. You will be booted to the multiplayer list.
    4. Select any server, bam.