Replay Mod Forums

Player not responding in Camera Path View
    • User
    • 4 forum posts
    User161144

May 03 19, 05:04 PM

Ok so just to put this out there, I’m fairly new to this mod. I have seen other people ise it but this is my first time using it myself. I have watch about all the tutorials I can, and I have even read through alot of the tutorials page on this website as well as these forums and I still cant find a fix for my problem. Maybe I’m missing something.

So I’m creating a timelapse. Got in the game built a small house for testing. Exit game and go to Replay Preview, click on the one I want and Im in the replay. I get to were I was building, set a camera path, turn the speed up, then play the camera path and the camera moves but my character and everything else is frozen in time almost. Now say Im making the video only a minute long. Ive placed a time keyframe on the keyframe timeline at 0:00 and then the second one at 1:00. Then on the normal timeline I have Speed set to 6.0x.

Am I misunderstanding how time keyframes work or something? I would really like to make some timelapses. Thanks!

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User161144

May 03 19, 05:16 PM

In simpler terms, the camera path I can get to work, and I can get the speed of time to work, but they wont work at the same time. If I pause the camera path and play the timeline, the time works, but the moment I press play on the camera path, only the camera path moves and everything else is just frozen.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

May 03 19, 06:03 PM

The bottom timeline is your video, the top one is the replay. When you put a time keyframe down on the bottom timeline at 1:00, you're effectively declaring that whatever the current time in the replay is, you want the time of the replay at 1 minute into the video to be the same.
    So to make a simple timelapse, you skip to when you start building, put down the first time keyframe at 0:00 (the beginning of the video), then skip to the end (e.g. if you're making a 10x timelapse, skip 10 minutes ahead) and place your second time keyframe at 1:00.

If you're making a 6x (or any valid replay speed slider value) timelapse, you can also, instead of guessing the position of your next time keyframe on the bottom timeline, press V to automatically position the cursor where it belongs relative to the previous time keyframe according to your current replay speed slider setting.
    Other than that, the slider is basically irrelevant to the bottom timeline, i.e. time keyframes overwrite it during playback.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

The bottom timeline is your video, the top one is the replay. When you put a time keyframe down on the bottom timeline at 1:00, you're effectively declaring that whatever the current time in the replay is, you want the time of the replay at 1 minute into the video to be the same.
    So to make a simple timelapse, you skip to when you start building, put down the first time keyframe at 0:00 (the beginning of the video), then skip to the end (e.g. if you're making a 10x timelapse, skip 10 minutes ahead) and place your second time keyframe at 1:00.

If you're making a 6x (or any valid replay speed slider value) timelapse, you can also, instead of guessing the position of your next time keyframe on the bottom timeline, press V to automatically position the cursor where it belongs relative to the previous time keyframe according to your current replay speed slider setting.
    Other than that, the slider is basically irrelevant to the bottom timeline, i.e. time keyframes overwrite it during playback.

I think I got it! I just tested that out and everything seems to work correctly now. Only thing left is I cant find an option anywhere to disable nametags.