Replay Mod Forums

improvement ideas
    • User
    • 5 forum posts
    User166848

Jun 26 19, 04:00 PM | Last edited: Jun 26 19, 04:12 PM

- recording/storing timing only when i start recording. currently it still records upon joining the world with all the chunk loading and preparing the shot stuff.
    - better seeking. it sux. it fails/"crashes" alot. _-_
    - added hotkeys to create and remove camera keyframes.
    - i'd like a keybind overload to use a button (hammer like spacebar) as a trigger/switch to a kinda "camera placement mode" until the mouse key is released. it currently occasionally even sticks in the tool ui without any chance to get the camera rotated.
    - corelated: the tool ui being the default workspace.
    - setup time keyframes with a timescale parameter. it's more intuitive then dragging time frames relatively.
    - disable the autoplay when entering the tool

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 26 19, 04:39 PM

Since you didn't specify, I'm assuming you're using 2.2.0-b2.

"- recording/storing timing only when i start recording. currently it still records upon joining the world with all the chunk loading and preparing the shot stuff."
    Disable auto-recording in the ReplayMod settings.

"- better seeking. it sux. it fails/"crashes" alot. _-_ "
    sucking as in "being slow": press Q, jumping will be near instant in exchange for replay quality
    failing as in "freezing the game": fixed, will be in -b3, see https://www.replaymod.com/forum/thread/2548#post10649
    "crashes" (or other issues): https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

"- added hotkeys to create and remove camera keyframes."
    Read the docs and/or click the arrow in the bottom left and/or check MC's key settings.

"- i'd like a keybind overload to use a button (hammer like spacebar) as a trigger/switch to a kinda "camera placement mode" until the mouse key is released. it currently occasionally even sticks in the tool ui without any chance to get the camera rotated."
    No idea what you mean.

"- corelated: the tool ui being the default workspace. "
    Also no idea what you mean. What's the "tool ui" and what's a "workspace"?

"- setup time keyframes with a timescale parameter. it's more intuitive then dragging time frames relatively."
    Z, also: read the docs.
    If you're suggesting completely removing time keyframes and replacing it with something else: No, far too much work for practically too little gain.

"- disable the autoplay when entering the tool"
    Again, not entirely sure what you mean.
    If you mean that the mod should automatically pause when entering a replay: No, that's technically not feasible. There isn't any single point where we could pause that wouldn't be either after an completely arbitrary amount of seconds have passed (which would be more annoying to unpause every time than pausing manually would be) or before MC has fully loaded the world and properly positioned all entities. I.e. either entities wouldn't be where you'd expect them to be or chunks wouldn't yet be loaded or it would load everything and just arbitrarily pause after a second of playing when you don't really expect it.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User166848

Jun 26 19, 04:47 PM

you know source filmmaker? just a bit of background info. :)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

in response to User166848

Jun 26 19, 04:51 PM | Last edited: Jun 26 19, 04:51 PM

you know source filmmaker? just a bit of background info. :)

Same small details but in general: No, I don't.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User166848

Jun 26 19, 05:24 PM | Last edited: Jun 26 19, 05:27 PM

okay. auto record is off. now i can't start recording at all in 1.14.3. only supports 1.14.2, alledgedly. neither can i pause or resume whether if auto or not. it's not working with 1.14.3 entirely yet? can not test any further from this problem on. bummer.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 26 19, 05:26 PM

The Replay Editor (which is the part of the RM which powers the pause/resume/start/stop recording feature) is always specific to one Minecraft version and cannot work on any but the one which it was build for (as mentioned on the Download page). There's also a link to a 1.14.3 RM snapshot on the Download page.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User166848

Jun 26 19, 05:32 PM

i'm using the b2 and all the 14.3 libs. it works. it still only autorecords, no manual recording, nor stop, pause or resume. beta stuff? well you got work todo then. sry :)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

i'm using the b2 and all the 14.3 libs. it works. it still only autorecords, no manual recording, nor stop, pause or resume. beta stuff? well you got work todo then. sry :)

I have not. You have to learn to read.

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User166848

Jun 26 19, 05:54 PM | Last edited: Jun 26 19, 06:30 PM

what do i need to read? okay. this "i give you just a link you gotta figure out it's there" response? got the b3. might just drop it in the official sticky then. that's be something. like, getting people to test it. huh? welp

edit: tried the b3. autorecord off. it still records unnoticed and the buttons don't work. there you have a test result.

the seeking works now tho. good. :)