Replay Mod Forums

No render after teleport during timeline jump
    • User
    • 1 forum post
    User163411

Jun 28 19, 04:26 AM

Block textures are not rendered properly, or possibly the camera is not in the same location as the loaded chunks, when using timeline jumps that miss a dimension change or teleport. This causes nothing to be viewable except the skybox and sometimes particle effects. Observed in 1.12.2 on a skyblock server after player has traveled to the server shop, to other player's islands, and to the nether. Observed with both classic and vanillish controls. Observed with both spectating and free-travel modes. Some chunk loading errors observed also when chunks are not unloaded but a timeline jump of greater than 10 minutes is performed.

A possible solution:
    Is there some way to snap the camera to the loaded chunks/ player? If the camera is in the wrong position, it would be nice to be able to move to the correct position and see if the blocks load properly. Also this might separate out the "position NaN" bug that has been previously reported.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 28 19, 01:59 PM | Last edited: Jun 28 19, 02:00 PM

Which version of the RM are you using? Is there any difference between beta and stable RM versions?
    Can you reliably reproduce the issue? If so, how exactly (replay and exact instructions please, I should be able to fix it once I can reproduce it on my machine)?
    Which coordinates are you on (which are shown in F3) before and after the jump?
    Can you see entities while in this broken state? Can you interact with entities (i.e. can you start spectating them) regardless of whether you can see them?
    When it happens while you're not spectating and then you're switching to spectator mode after it has happened (by pressing B and clicking on a player), does that fix it?