Replay Mod Forums

Player not appearing for begining of clip
    • User
    • 3 forum posts
    User54818

Jul 02 19, 01:49 AM

FML Latest log: https://hastebin.com/xuyomewizi.md
    Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcJzvfX9EA

The player doesn't show up until a few seconds into the clip, the only happens in the render and camera path, it doesn't happen if I just play the replay normally. It's not as delayed in the video, as it is in the camera path, in which the player doesn't appear for a whole 8 seconds... (Seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv3qjINYqU8)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 02 19, 11:16 AM | Last edited: Jul 02 19, 11:17 AM

Is this issue any different on 2.1.4 (both during path playback and during render)?
    I remember putting various workarounds in place to combat this issue as far as possible (it's unfortunately fairly fundamental to how the RM works). However, it's been a while, I'm not using the mod myself and people have a tendency to never report such issues, so it might have stopped working at some point (possibly even before 2.1.4).

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User54818

in response to User10

Jul 03 19, 03:34 AM | Last edited: Jul 03 19, 03:39 AM

Is this issue any different on 2.1.4 (both during path playback and during render)?
    I remember putting various workarounds in place to combat this issue as far as possible (it's unfortunately fairly fundamental to how the RM works). However, it's been a while, I'm not using the mod myself and people have a tendency to never report such issues, so it might have stopped working at some point (possibly even before 2.1.4).

This is very different in 2.1.4, the player doesn't even show up at all in 2.1.4. (Both during playback and render)
    The player sometimes appears throughout the whole playback & render, re-playing the replay a second time fixed the issue on 2.1.4. Oddly enough 2.1.4 fixed the above issue, was there a change to how packets were read in order to fix the player not appearing in the first replay playback?
    Edit: The issue still occurs after some more testing in 2.1.4, it happens if I start at a different point in replay other than the first point

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 06 19, 02:53 PM | Last edited: Jul 06 19, 02:53 PM

I'm unable to reproduce this for rendering.
    While I am able to reproduce it for path playback, I am unable to come up with any reasonably simple fix (only fairly complex ones which can very easily break other stuff especially across different MC versions), so I'm going to leave this as is for now.
    Until I (or someone else) revisits this issue, please just add an extra second of (normal speed) playback at the start of your path to work around the issue.

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User54818

Jul 08 19, 08:06 AM

Yep! That's what I've been doing, that's been a pretty okay fix, for now, thanks for the help!