Replay Mod Forums

Using Replay Mod for YouTube
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User169829

Jul 14 19, 07:38 PM

Hello, I just created a Replay Mod account yesterday.

I mainly need this for my YouTube channel, so I was wondering if I could use this to record my gameplay.

Mostly, I need to record my perspective, with a few camera paths tossed in from time to time, like in SammyGreen's Montages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2oeXIA-Ek

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jul 14 19, 08:20 PM

Yes, this can be used to record your gameplay and to create camera paths.

While it can also do first-person, I wouldn't recommend using it for that as the first-person mode is no where close to what an actual recording looks like (interpolated movement like when in spectator mode, no inventory, no GUI in general) and it's not intended to be either.
    Instead I'd suggest using OBS to record your first-person gameplay in real time and running this mod in the background (there's practically no performance penalty) using it only for third-person camera paths.

• User
    • 2 forum posts

Yes, this can be used to record your gameplay and to create camera paths.

While it can also do first-person, I wouldn't recommend using it for that as the first-person mode is no where close to what an actual recording looks like (interpolated movement like when in spectator mode, no inventory, no GUI in general) and it's not intended to be either.
    Instead I'd suggest using OBS to record your first-person gameplay in real time and running this mod in the background (there's practically no performance penalty) using it only for third-person camera paths.

Oh...this mod doesn't lag at all while recording, which was the main reason I wanted to use it. OBS decreases my FPS from 60 to 20...