Replay Mod Forums

Inventory
    • User
    • 1 forum post
    User16389

Sep 29 15, 07:38 AM

Hey Guys, great job with this mod so far. I love it. But there is one important feature is miss: I'd love to be able to see my (or others) inventorys in the Replays. This would help a lot of YTers to make videos with this mod.
    Keep up the great work!

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Sep 29 15, 08:49 AM

Unfortunately, the Server doesn't send any information about other players' inventories to the Client, therefore it's impossible to show it in the Replay.

Theoretically, it would be possible to show the recording player's inventory, but the ReplayMod tries to treat every player the same, and we do not plan on changing that.

Thanks for your feedback!

• User
    • 53 forum posts
    User5855

in response to User1

Oct 31 15, 05:41 AM

Unfortunately, the Server doesn't send any information about other players' inventories to the Client, therefore it's impossible to show it in the Replay.

Theoretically, it would be possible to show the recording player's inventory, but the ReplayMod tries to treat every player the same, and we do not plan on changing that.

I think there should be a mode where you can have it so it records whats going on around you, and your inventory&mouse so you can render a video as if you were recording, and save a lot of space!

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

in response to User5855

Nov 01 15, 01:57 AM

I think there should be a mode where you can have it so it records whats going on around you, and your inventory&mouse so you can render a video as if you were recording, and save a lot of space!

This is not going to happen.

• Beta Tester
    • 125 forum posts

The Replay Mod was not designed to replace capture software (such as Fraps / Dxtory etc)
    Recording the GUI is a highly requested feature though and it is possible to record the player that is recordings inventory etc, it's not a very high priority feature at this point in time.

• User
    • 53 forum posts
    User5855

Jan 11 16, 09:43 AM

D:
    Server side could record all player inventories.... Anyways, thats too bad. ):

• User
    • 46 forum posts
    User23429

Jan 13 16, 08:03 PM

I made the same suggestion some time ago but the replay mod is not meant to do that
    When i need such a shot i usually record both externally with a screen capture software and internally with the replay mod, then i mix the video together in After Effects using masks, it's quite a pain to synchronize the time and to manually change the masks when necessary but it works for now

• User
    • 1 forum post

I made the same suggestion some time ago but the replay mod is not meant to do that
    When i need such a shot i usually record both externally with a screen capture software and internally with the replay mod, then i mix the video together in After Effects using masks, it's quite a pain to synchronize the time and to manually change the masks when necessary but it works for now
    I record my inventory/heart bar/armor bar /food bar with other programs (Bandicam, CamStudio, etc.)
    Replay MOD 2.0.1 changes (please):
    + Now Replay MOD recording your inventory/heart bar/armor bar /food bar in Single player!
    + Now Replay MOD recording your Game Menu and Title Screen in SP/MP.
    + Bugfixes
    + Now Replay MOD compatible with Optifine, Shaders Mod and other optimize mods (like BetterFPS, ChunkAnimator)