Replay Mod Forums

This Thread is sticky.

Crediting the ReplayMod in YouTube videos
    • User
    • 132 forum posts
    User738

Dec 20 15, 11:50 AM

So I have noticed a few youtubers who have been uploading what is obviously Rendered Footage from the ReplayMod, however some do not actually link to the ReplayMod in their descriptions. Now I haven't found any rules/documentation on Crediting the use of this mod, so I want to ask:

Are you required to give ReplayMod credibility of ReplayModFootage if you are:
    - A Small YouTuber (Under 1000)
    - Big YouTuber (Over 1000)
    - Uploading an unlisted video

Are you able to credit what tool you used (ReplayMod) in the video but you don't link it in the description?
    If you find a video/youtuber who does not credit their use of the ReplayMod, what actions can us as consumers do to make you aware/make the creator aware of Crediting the ReplayMod?

• Beta Tester
    • 212 forum posts
    User26

Dec 20 15, 11:54 AM

From TOS: "When sharing content created using the Replay Mod to a video platform like YouTube or similar, you must provide a link to https://replaymod.com clearly visible in the video description.".
    No matter how much you have subs, You have to credit Replay Mod.

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Dec 20 15, 12:00 PM

When a YouTuber does not follow this rule, please write a comment below the video raising awareness of the tools he used, or write him Tweet (if you CC @User1, I'll retweet it). Public Pressure is usually the best way to get them to properly credit it.

• User
    • 132 forum posts
    User738

Dec 20 15, 01:06 PM | Last edited: Dec 24 15, 07:31 AM

Should just about answer all the questions I had on this topic, thanks for the responses piotrex43 & CrushedPixel!

• User
    • 1 forum post
    User34890

Mar 06 16, 07:48 AM

Its nice to know about this, good thing I when looking as I didn't see anything like this when downloading the mod. I will always give a link to this in my videos

• User
    • 8 forum posts

When a YouTuber does not follow this rule, please write a comment below the video raising awareness of the tools he used, or write him Tweet (if you CC @User1, I'll retweet it). Public Pressure is usually the best way to get them to properly credit it.
    Yes, I understand. But what if they don't have twitter and have comments off.