Replay Mod Forums

This Thread is locked - no new replies are allowed.

Locked Azerty Controls Interfering on the Z-key
    • User
    • 2 forum posts
    User5606

Dec 28 15, 10:09 PM | Last edited: Dec 28 15, 10:11 PM

Hey! Thanks for your awesome mod, I enjoy it a lot!

But I experience one little inconvenience every time I launch the Replay Mod, that you may not be aware of.

http://www.imgur.com/D97IVZ5

As I live in France and we use AZERTY-keyboards instead of QWERTY-keyboards, we use ZQSD to go (respectively) forwards-left-backward-right.
    The lighting control and the walk forwards are both on the Z-key (as shown in the screen capture).
    This means that every time we launch an instance with the Replay Mod, we have to change the lighting control to an otherkey, otherwise we can't go forward.
    It's a little cumbersome as we have to change it every single time we launch an instance, because when we change the lighting to another key, the mod seems to not remember it.

As I have heard some friends also complain about this, I think it's an issue that concerns every AZERTY-user.

PS: It's not a first world problem, but it's inconvenient and I would love it to be fixed. Thanks a lot, you are doing some amazing work!

• Developer
    • 818 forum posts
    User1

Dec 28 15, 10:59 PM

The mod does correctly remember the changed keybindings, but when you uninstall the Mod temporarily (or simply switch to a Launcher Profile that's not Forge), the options.txt, in which all keybindings are being stored is being updated, and all "unused" keybindings, such as the ones the ReplayMod defined, are being removed.

This is a known design issue about the Launcher Profile System, and not a mistake on our side.

Hopefully you can avoid this problem in the future with this knowledge :)

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User5606

Dec 29 15, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the explanation. Now that I know this, I think I will always keep it activated :)