Replay Mod Forums

Alternate rendering while playing
    • User
    • 3 forum posts
    User21040

Jan 07 16, 04:41 AM | Last edited: Jan 07 16, 04:46 AM

I have been looking to get equirectangular or cubic rendering while playing minecraft. This has also been requested a few times on minecraft forums to no avail. As this mod already implements alternate rendering for video output, how difficult would it be to do this in realtime while playing? Would it be better as a separate mod?

Note: I am not concerned about lag. I will happily use SEUS at 10fps.

• User
    • 46 forum posts
    User23429

Jan 07 16, 04:23 PM

Not sure what you mean by that, but if you are looking into real-time 360 video on Minecraft this mod is not going to do that, at least not shortly, i can't think of how that could be even possible, you'd need a VR headset and for that i think there is some third party software that allows to control the mouse with the headset (i'm sure you could do that with the proper SDK)

With that said, i've been on this forum for a bit and posted some of my ideas, but the developers are mainly focused on the primary use of the mod which is rendering cinematic scenes out of Minecraft, everything else it's left behind at least for now

So my advice is to look for some third-party software that does that, ask on VR forums online
    I hope i did not misunderstood your request