Replay Mod Forums

Whole World Render
    • User
    • 53 forum posts
    User5855

Jan 11 16, 10:00 AM

An option for rendering that renders the entire world(generated, ignoring distance) when outputting the file.

It would mainly be for showcasing a singleplayer/multiplayer world that you have on your machine.

I time would be frozen for the replay.
    Maybe have an option to not render all hostile (ones that can despawn, those that cant despawn should be rendered regardless.) entities?

Maybe also have an option with this to render non-generated chunks near the camera (generate them, use them, then throw them away) (within 32/64/128(slider/input?) chunks of camera)

Probably using a world file rather than a replay file.(maybe store camera paths, etc. inside the world folder?)

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User29156

Jan 14 16, 03:45 PM

I think the way that the Replay Mod works forbid it from being used this way.
    The Replay Mod only record the loaded chunks during gameplay.

• Beta Tester
    • 125 forum posts

Correct, only packets sent between the server and the client are recorded. Since Minecraft doesn't "render" the entire world at once for obvious performance reasons, there's no way for the replay mod to record more than what is sent.

• User
    • 53 forum posts

Correct, only packets sent between the server and the client are recorded. Since Minecraft doesn't "render" the entire world at once for obvious performance reasons, there's no way for the replay mod to record more than what is sent.
    I meant like given a single-player world, you can have it load only the chunks near the camera while making paths, but then it will render the entire world (or set amount of chunks) when exporting a video file.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

I meant like given a single-player world, you can have it load only the chunks near the camera while making paths, but then it will render the entire world (or set amount of chunks) when exporting a video file.

Technically that's possible, but it involves a fundamental change in the program's usage and will result in severe performance bottleneck while rendering.

You have a few problems:
    1) How do you keep all the chunks loaded when rendering?
    2) How do you process the things that happen when the chunks are loaded, I mean, how do you time the process like spawning and daylight cycle without using the internal game engine?

The 2 problems above are going to be the biggest hurdle to overcome hence it's very unlikely it's going to happen.
    However, I suggest you turn up your chunk render to 32 chunks (or more) when recording.
    That simulates the effect of 'loading the whole world' unless you intent to fly across hundreds of chunks when exporting the video.

• User
    • 53 forum posts
    User5855

Feb 01 16, 01:43 AM

How to keep all the chunks loaded: Load them only when they are needed by FFMPEG. 360 degree rendering probably shouldn't be done then.

I wasn't expecting any time to be elapsing or for the daylight cycle to be cycling.

Um is there a way to make the mod record 500+ chunks(250 all directions)? I have this 1.8 GB world... (my server)
    If I ever decided I wanted to record that.

• User
    • 4 forum posts
    User29156

Feb 01 16, 09:39 AM

As I said, the only option is to record it at max chunk (typically 64) and then render it afterwards.
    Current code have no implementation of even the slightest offline world loading support.

And TBH, after going 64 chunks if you aren't rendering at 4K I don't think you can even see the details anymore.

• User
    • 53 forum posts
    User5855

Feb 02 16, 12:59 AM

Servers can send a maximum of 15 chunks, and a minimum of 7. 64 is useless. Except to lag your client.

• User
    • 4 forum posts

Servers can send a maximum of 15 chunks, and a minimum of 7. 64 is useless. Except to lag your client.

Your statement is not true, via internal settings, server can send as little as 4 chunks or from what I tested, as much as 24 chunks.

And FYI 64 chunks here is for OFFLINE purpose.