Replay Mod Forums

Option to change the encoder (like FFMPEG)
    • User
    • 3 forum posts
    User75436

Aug 09 19, 03:16 PM

Hi,
    Can you juste add an option to change the encoder to use because I don't have FFMPEG, and I can’t download it for many reasons (one of the, is that I have MKVToolNix, and it’s not my computer, so I can’t uninstall it, and install FFMPEG.), but I love the ReplayMod.

So it will be very nice to have an option to change the encoder.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Aug 09 19, 05:07 PM

"an option to change the encoder to use"
    Scroll down in the render settings, you can configure the exact program and arguments called used by the ReplayMod in the Command Line Settings.

"I can’t download it for many reasons"
    Unless it's illegal in the country you're in, I can't think of a single one.

"one of the, is that I have MKVToolNix"
    I see no connection there.

"and it’s not my computer"
    But you can use a mod? There's no significant technical difference between ffmpeg and the ReplayMod. ffmpeg has portable versions as well.

• User
    • 3 forum posts
    User75436

Aug 10 19, 04:24 AM

What I wanted to say by « I can’t download it for many reasons » is that, yes it is legal, but I have already MKVToolNix on my computer and I can’t uninstall it because I use the computer of my family (it’s not my computer.).

But I find a solution to use FFMPEG. I just download it on my USB key and when I need to render a video I just put my USB key into my computer.

Sorry for the problem, and thanks you for this awesome mod !