Replay Mod Forums

Questions..
    • User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 20 19, 05:26 PM

Why is it that I can't see the tools in the hands of my character in the 1.14.2 Fabric Replay mod?
    Also I cannot see my character crouched, why is that? Are these features that aren't included?
    Also I cannot see the skin overlay, just the base skin of my character..

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 20 19, 05:54 PM

All of those sound like bugs which have sneaked in during the update. I have little time to test everything (I don't use the mod myself) and people don't always report bugs they find, so I wouldn't be surprised if those are simply bugs.

Please always name your specific RM version, especially when using the faster moving snapshots/beta versions. I recall fixing something about missing hands in 1.13+, are you using the latest version (2.2.0-b1 as of writing)?

The outer skin later is a known (very low priority) issue, see this forum thread.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 20 19, 07:30 PM | Last edited: Jun 20 19, 07:31 PM

Yes, I'm using the latest version.. Strangely enough, the bug suddenly disappeared and now I can see what I'm holding, my outer skin and also I can see myself crouching. But suddenly if I try to render a video, the whole mod crashes.. ( I can provide the error code )

Oh and the UI of minecraft seems to be broken by the mod.. (possibly because of fabric??)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Yes, please do provide as much info as you can. Crash reports are best put on https://paste.replaymod.com and then linked here (the forum makes reading them quite difficult and also has a limit to post length).

The main menu looking broken is the result of both RM and the ModMenu mod trying to inject their buttons into the main menu. I've already fixed it (will be in 2.2.0-b2).

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 20 19, 11:52 PM | Last edited: Jun 20 19, 11:54 PM

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 21 19, 09:33 AM

I'm having trouble reproducing that crash, so I added some safeguards based on the stacktrace alone.
    Could you check if it still happens with this version? https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.14.2-2.2.0-b1-12-gf1f760a.jar

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 21 19, 11:59 AM

Ok, now this is weird. The previous version crashed when I tried to render a clip and it just sent me to the MC main menu. But this time it crashed the whole game if I try to render (crashes after about 2s of rendering) or by just pressing the camera path preview button.

Here's the crash report https://paste.replaymod.com/epuxutizaz

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 21 19, 12:30 PM

That looks like the same issue but manifesting itself at a different location (which at least means the previous one has been fixed).
    Since I can still not reproduce the original issue, here's a new version fixing that particular crash, please give it a try: https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.14.2-2.2.0-b1-13-g75c4c72.jar

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 21 19, 03:11 PM

Thank you so much! Now it works perfectly. I have one final question - Is there any way I could keep the lighting off when I am rendering a video just like pressing "Z" in the replay menu?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 21 19, 03:15 PM

Great!

If enabling Z before rendering doesn't have any effect on the render itself, then no, and I'd consider that a bug and have added it to my list of open bugs to fix for 2.2.0-b3 (it won't yet land in b2 because b2 has already been finalized and is currently building).

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 21 19, 03:20 PM

Whoops, my mistake! I meant ON . When I render a video, it just turns off.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Yeah, that's how I read it (i.e. turn the vanilla lighting system off).
    Z should work as expected if enabled before rendering, if it doesn't (as you seem to be indicating), then I'll fix it by 2.2.0-b3.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 21 19, 03:35 PM

I tried that, but to no avail. It doesn't seem to work for me sadly.

But thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it! 😊

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 21 19, 06:49 PM

Welp.. I got another random crash.. (but not as intense) 1.14.2 really messed up the mod.. I'm also encountering random crashes when I click somewhere on the timeline and it reloads the world, but its like a 1/5 of a chance that it randomly crashes, locks up. (And I don't know if it's true, but it seems like the mod doesn't like close up movement. I especially saw more crashes when I'm making small close up skits. Probably not the case, but hey what do I know 🤔)

Here's the crash, but this one is kind of rare because it happened to me just once.. https://paste.replaymod.com/igubayeges
    More noticable are random locks up of the game. (It looks like it would load something up [loading screen], but it stands still and you have to reboot the game.)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 21 19, 07:21 PM

Are these random crashes actual crashes (i.e. game closes) or all just lockups (i.e. game unresponsive to inputs)?
    I've been able to reliably reproduce one lockup by clicking very close to the beginning of a replay (might also be at world changes, haven't tested those). Could this account for the lockups you're seeing?
    Anyhow, I'll be posting a RM snapshot once I've fixed it so you can be sure.

Lockups are quite difficult to debug for end users since the game doesn't have any builtin tools to do so. If you're feeling adventures (or already have experience in that direction), you could installed something like VisualVM which will allow you to take thread dumps (snapshots of what the game is currently doing / stuck on) which can make debugging lockups a lot easier.
    The other invaluable tool in debugging lockups is a reliable way to reproduce them (especially on the developers/my machine).

The crash report has me puzzled. It's quite clear on what's wrong but I've no idea how it got into that state. Do you happen to still have the logs for that session? They might help shed some more light on it.
    The logs might also be helpful in the lockup case but be sure to leave the game running for at least 30 seconds before killing it and grabbing the logs (unless it's already spamming the log), that'll show if it's related to the lockup I've got here.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 21 19, 09:16 PM

Ok, I'm going to try to get VisualVM and try to lock up the game.

Where can I find the logs? If it requires the game to still be open, then I guess I don't have any, but if they're located in %appdata% I could fetch them.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

Ok, I'm going to try to get VisualVM and try to lock up the game.

Where can I find the logs? If it requires the game to still be open, then I guess I don't have any, but if they're located in %appdata% I could fetch them.

They may be in .minecraft/logs though I'm not sure under which conditions because I have far less files in there than I should have for how often I've started MC.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 21 19, 10:51 PM

Here's the snapshot which fixes the lockup which I was able to reproduce: https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.14.2-2.2.0-b2-3-gb846d53.jar
    It also fixes a NPE which can happen while the world is loading (or re-load), in case you've come by one of these, and it should include the fix for Z not working during rendering.
    I'm still puzzled by the crash, maybe I'll be able to get a fresh look at it tomorrow.

Thank you for all the bug reporting you've been doing, I very much appreciate it.

• User
    • 11 forum posts
    User165715

Jun 23 19, 05:10 PM

Hello! Sorry for being inactive for a while. I have found some logs, but I don't know which ones are the ones I should be looking for..
    I suppose the logs that are the biggest in size would be the ones we're looking for? (More stuff to log if something goes wrong I guess??)

So about VisualVM. I didn't manage to try it out, but I may if I encounter some bugs.

Another note is that the replay mod settings menu seems to be a little out of place..

(At the time of writing I haven't tried out the new snapshot, so I'm going to install it right now!)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 23 19, 05:42 PM

According to the crash report the crash happened at 19.21.6 19:33. The log which is closest to that is the one from 19:34 (i.e. the one ending in -1).

The big one may be related to the lockup that I found (at least that particular lockup produces lots of output in the log). If you upload it as well, I'll tell you if that's the case (or maybe find some other bug in there).

I put the settings menu on my todo list.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 28 19, 09:30 PM

Thanks you!
    I've just put out 2.2.0-b3 which should include fixes for all the issues, specifically (in addition to the previous snapshot):
    - the rare crash (the newer log file): was caused by the replay being opened twice when quickly double-clicking the load button
    - the issue in the huge log file: a simple bug introduced during the update to 1.13 with varying severity depending on graphics driver
    - the settings sometimes being off-screen (and while I'm at it, also the settings being in a different, random order each time you start MC)