Replay Mod Forums

[Replay Trimmer] Crash upon Loading Replays
    • User
    • 9 forum posts
    User119195

Mar 05 18, 08:33 PM

Gonna keep this short & sweet since I know firsthand dealing with bug reports is not the most entertaining way to spend a day.

Client crashes upon attempting to load a replay trimmed by the in-game editor. I know you have a disclaimer there about bugs, I figured I might as well report it though

Spoiler: Crash Report

Windows 10 on Intel i3 core, on an HP TouchSmart15 Laptop
    Java 1.8.0_111-b14
    The only other mod I have is Optifine

• User
    • 9 forum posts
    User119195

Mar 06 18, 03:16 AM

Updated to Java 1.8.0_161-b12, realized I accidentally turned off automatic updating after making this thread. Bug still occurs

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 06 18, 09:19 AM

Could you upload both, the original and the trimmed replay so we can try to reproduce it?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 06 18, 09:24 AM

Actually, this looks exactly like https://www.replaymod.com/forum/thread/2071#post9137. It might just have been the new update that broke it.
    There were some internal changes and we usually don't test all versions, so the 1.12 version may be somewhat broken. I'll test that later.

• User
    • 9 forum posts
    User119195

Mar 09 18, 07:22 AM

Well, not quite the same, as I can load the original replay in https://www.replaymod.com/forum/thread/2071#post9137, with this bug I can't even open the replay file. Anyways, I can still upload the two files if you'd like, although is there a way I can send them to you privately? Contains partly sensitive information, nothing really huge just something I'd like not getting public

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 12:43 PM

Oh, I see now. You posted the same crash report on both threads which is why I though the crashes were alike.
    I've given you instructions on the other thread about how to find the cause of that freeze.
    As for this crash, I think I've come accross it myself while debugging another issue related to trimming. Could you give this version a try and see if it fixes the issue?

• User
    • 9 forum posts
    User119195

Mar 13 18, 03:25 AM | Last edited: Mar 13 18, 03:34 AM

Whoops, didnt mean to upload the same crash report! Sorry! D:

I'll give the version a try as soon as I can! Thanks for the reply, sorry for my slow nature of responses!

Edit: Yes, this worked! Thanks for the fix :D