Replay Mod Forums

[Bug Report] [2.1.1] Trim Replay Feature Glitches
    • User
    • 19 forum posts
    User102946

Mar 06 18, 04:51 AM

Forge: 14.23.2.2618
    Java: Version 8 Update 161 (build 1.8.0_161-b12)
    Other mods: Optifine_1.12.2_HD_U_C9
    What triggers the bug: trimming a replay using two event markers (unsure if manually typing the times in triggers it as well.)
    There's a weird bug affecting me where whenever I try to trim a replay file, the very beginning of the new file includes an ultra-sped-up version of whatever I cut off. Another glitch that is triggered in this situation is that if you jump to the end of the replay, the time bar will appear to act like time is progressing from the beginning onward. Here is a video of the glitch: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zzl9NK5SMrkMOqnPsPWmwra37iKH6lqw

• User
    • 19 forum posts
    User102946

Mar 11 18, 12:21 AM

This bug is really getting annoying, I'm working with a 25 minute long replay and every time I run the path it takes like a couple minutes for it to scan the entire replay and then start the path. BTW if anyone's interested, I learned how to basically interpolate between two points instantaneously.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 12:29 PM

Looks like this was broken in all of 2.x. Could you give this version a try?
    Some fast-forwarding is to be expected and cannot be avoided because of how the mod works but there should be at most one world change (the initial join). Especially for minigame servers, that should make a huge difference.

• User
    • 19 forum posts

Looks like this was broken in all of 2.x. Could you give this version a try?
    Some fast-forwarding is to be expected and cannot be avoided because of how the mod works but there should be at most one world change (the initial join). Especially for minigame servers, that should make a huge difference.

Okay, I'll look into that in a separate directory. By the way, can I copy a replay onto this from the latest full Replay Mod version and have trimming work fine?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 04:07 PM

Yes, compared to 2.1.1, only the trimming feature itself has been changed.

• User
    • 19 forum posts

Okay, this sounds perfect. Thanks so much!

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 04:18 PM

Small correction: The version linked above also includes a fix for this race condition which I encountered during debugging and which prevented me from opening any trimmed replays (so I had to include the fix for it).

• User
    • 19 forum posts

Dang, I tried to clip a replay and it gave a crash popup. The crash report for a replay recorded with the new version is here.

• User
    • 19 forum posts
    User102946

Mar 11 18, 04:24 PM

I'll put it here and see if it works (it didn't last time):

Spoiler: Crash Report

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 04:32 PM

Ah, yes, now that the trimming code is actually properly executed any bugs in it will appear.
    The paste you created works. It just looks like we haven't configured our server properly to redirect from http to https for that domain.
    Which server has that replay been recorded on? It's sending a team color of 21 which doesn't exist but Minecraft probably tolerates that whereas we don't.
    Could you upload that replay somewhere?

• User
    • 19 forum posts

Ah, yes, now that the trimming code is actually properly executed any bugs in it will appear.
    The paste you created works. It just looks like we haven't configured our server properly to redirect from http to https for that domain.
    Which server has that replay been recorded on? It's sending a team color of 21 which doesn't exist but Minecraft probably tolerates that whereas we don't.
    Could you upload that replay somewhere?

It was recorded on Hypixel.
    Okay, good.
    I'll upload it, is Google Drives alright? (my parents won't let me get a Youtube account.)

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 04:36 PM

Anything which allows me to download it without much hassle is fine. YouTube won't allow you to upload replay files anyway.

• User
    • 19 forum posts

Anything which allows me to download it without much hassle is fine. YouTube won't allow you to upload replay files anyway.

Oh, good. The link is here. If you want, I can give you one recorded with an old version in case there's anything different between the two.

• User
    • 19 forum posts
    User102946

Mar 11 18, 04:54 PM

I think you're right about there being something wrong with the server, it worked fine when I trimmed a singleplayer world.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 11 18, 09:21 PM

Here's a new version with the TeamColor issue fixed: https://minio.johni0702.de/replaymod/replaymod-1.12.2-2.1.1-4-g48b39fe.jar

• User
    • 19 forum posts

This worked perfectly! Sadly, I already placed a bunch of keyframes in the 25 minute long one. At least it'll be much more bearable to work with now! :D

• User
    • 19 forum posts
    User102946

in response to User10

Mar 12 18, 09:58 PM | Last edited: Mar 12 18, 10:15 PM

Guess what, you fixed another bug inadvertently! There was a bug before where I (and other users) could only render MP4 videos at a specific bitrate, but now that's fixed! :D

EDIT: Well, at least I'm assuming it was unnoticed because when you gave it to me you didn't acknowledge it.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Mar 13 18, 12:54 PM

Well, I did fix a rendering related issue between the first and the second version I've linked.
    But that issue should be unrelated to which encoding you're using and be purely dependent on whether the mod has to rewind the replay to start rendering.
    How often have you tried rendering MP4 vs not MP4? i.e. is it possible that you mistook the above issue as being caused by the MP4 setting?
    To test that, just try using an old version (i.e. 2.1.1) and render without MP4 but make sure to jump to the beginning of the replay before rendering. If it's been the above issue all along, then that'll work. If it's really something with the MP4 vs not MP4 setting, then it's another issue.

• User
    • 19 forum posts

Well, I did fix a rendering related issue between the first and the second version I've linked.
    But that issue should be unrelated to which encoding you're using and be purely dependent on whether the mod has to rewind the replay to start rendering.
    How often have you tried rendering MP4 vs not MP4? i.e. is it possible that you mistook the above issue as being caused by the MP4 setting?
    To test that, just try using an old version (i.e. 2.1.1) and render without MP4 but make sure to jump to the beginning of the replay before rendering. If it's been the above issue all along, then that'll work. If it's really something with the MP4 vs not MP4 setting, then it's another issue.

You're right, it was the rewind thing. I could render potato and normal quality .mp4s when I jumped to the beginning. However, I had rendered a video as an .mkv file with the previous version without jumping to the beginning and it worked fine, so something was going on with that.